Version 0.11.11

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.11

Post by kovarex »

Several more bugfix releases and we might get to the stable.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed problems with inserters taking from diagonal wagons.
    • Fixed several train related bugs and issues, mainly:
      Fixed the problem of train occasionally loosing path when moving fast.
      This also fixes the problems of mods with super fast trains.
      Fixed that trains could occasionaly leave block behind them blocked.
      Fixed that trains could do huge detours when some block was blocked.
      The pathfinding is based on penalties for blocked segments now.
      For trains waiting in station, the more remaining time in the station, the bigger penalty.
    • Removing train station doesn't remove it from the train list.
      If there are no stations with the given name, the station is shown as red in the schedule.
      Such station are skipped by the train until the station with the name appears again.
    • Fixed the way train was preferring non-blocked paths/stations.
    • Fixed that diagonal parallel curve blocks both tracks. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=7865)
    • Partial fix of the constant micro-freezes/frame drops.
    • Fixed problems with inserters not putting items on belts to ground.
    • Fixed crash when MP game is refused by the host.
    • Update doesn't require UAC approval, when the zip package version is used.
    • Fixed some of the technology prerequisites.
    • Fixed logistic gui issues (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7942)
    • The default value of item in the logistic gui is the count of one stack.
    • Fixed crash when accessing logistic gui that is opened directly in the save game.
    • Fixed that in the logistic gui selecting already set request didn't work. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7943)
    • Radar ignores chunks outside the map borders. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7604)
    • Fixed (hopefully) the "unique_path: An Internal error occurred" problem.
    • Fixed that the inserter was buildable on the top of underground belt.
    • Fixed that the electric pole was buildable so close to the curved rail that it would be destroyed by the train.
    • Fixed that the electric network for power armor was ran twice per game tick
    • Fixed the "trying to make chunk at unreasonable position" bug related to sending empty unit group somewhere from script.
  • Scripting
    • Fixed problems in the lua equipment grid interface:
      .clear() nolonger crashes, .move() works now, and .generatorenergy reports energy as a floating point value.
    • Fixed that the rail directions were messed up when building rails from script.
      The mechanism, that changes the rail direction based on the position is still used for manual building, to allow the user
      to build diagonal rails without having to switch direction after every piece.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

UntouchedWagons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.11

Post by UntouchedWagons »

kovarex wrote:Fixed that trains could do huge detours when some block was blocked.
Yay!
kovarex wrote:Fixed logistic gui issues (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/posting.php?t=7942)
Link's broken

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Yay, my factory full of underground belts is working again!

And updates per seconds has increased from 24 to 41! Time to build more stuff. :twisted:

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

It is'nt even Friday!

you updated the game so fast

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

so is the problem with inserters from other mods a mod problem, or a problem of the game?

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

jakobeng1303 wrote:so is the problem with inserters from other mods a mod problem, or a problem of the game?
Some settings were changed. The mods need updated. Check the prior release thread for the required changes.

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

but like for mods like moar inserters I have no clue how to change it!

El-Lobo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by El-Lobo »

Ahhh, a new train logic to break! :)

For the inserter changes ( the vector something not save from boundry something error):
change the insert_position in the mod files: 0.65->0.8 1.35->1.2 1.65->1.8 2.35->2.2
in "modname"\prototypes\entities\"something".lua

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

El-Lobo wrote:Ahhh, a new train logic to break! :)

For the inserter changes ( the vector something not save from boundry something error):
change the insert_position in the mod files: 0.65->0.8 1.35->1.2 1.65->1.8 2.35->2.2
in "modname"\prototypes\entities\"something".lua
the problem is, that I can't do that on a mac :/

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

thats what they currently look like! I didn't change anything!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 22.45.26.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 22.45.26.png (108.35 KiB) Viewed 31704 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

@ jakobeng1303 : You can of course. :) But be aware, that if you change the files, you are not longer able to update, cause the internal checksum doesn't match anymore, you need to download the full version or revert the changes.

How: Open with the finder the Applications folder. If you don't find it press shift-cmd-G then type

Code: Select all

/Applications/factorio.app/Contents/data
From here on the directory structure is self-explaining and you just need a good editor (sublime, vim) to edit the textfiles.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Thank you kovarex. Save bug is fixed for me.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Thank you kovarex. Save bug is fixed for me.
Great

jakobeng1303
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jakobeng1303 »

ssilk wrote:@ jakobeng1303 : You can of course. :) But be aware, that if you change the files, you are not longer able to update, cause the internal checksum doesn't match anymore, you need to download the full version or revert the changes.

How: Open with the finder the Applications folder. If you don't find it press shift-cmd-G then type

Code: Select all

/Applications/factorio.app/Contents/data
From here on the directory structure is self-explaining and you just need a good editor (sublime, vim) to edit the textfiles.
I was in this directory, opened moarinserters, then prototype, then entity, then I opened entity lua and golden lua. I found at no place coordinates to change that looked similar to the ones you wanted me to change!

Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Telarin »

This update has created a problem with tracks. Where you have two parallel tracks, separated by only one track's width, often spurs need to cross from one side out the other side (see the attached image). Prior to this update, it was possible to place a signal light on the curve, such that the two segments were separated. Now, all of the signals that were placed in those locations flash as if they are not next to track. This makes it impossible to build a double track intersection in a way that the trains to do not end up blocking each other on unrelated track segments.
Attachments
FactorioLight.png
FactorioLight.png (286.42 KiB) Viewed 18089 times

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

Can't wait for test it !!
Don't forget pore guys who doesn't have GLIBC_2.16 ;)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... .04#p61296

Yes yes, i know it's unstable releases :roll:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Telarin wrote:This update has created a problem with tracks. Where you have two parallel tracks, separated by only one track's width, often spurs need to cross from one side out the other side (see the attached image). Prior to this update, it was possible to place a signal light on the curve, such that the two segments were separated. Now, all of the signals that were placed in those locations flash as if they are not next to track. This makes it impossible to build a double track intersection in a way that the trains to do not end up blocking each other on unrelated track segments.
Right .. I noticed this problem also when i was playtesting yesterday after the release, but I was not sure if it was like this all the time or not.

I will try to fix it.

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

I know trains are important - but many people have problems with the unscalable GUI when they play in low resolutions and e.g. open a chest with many slots as people who play in very high resolutions have a problem with GUI elements which are too small.
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

alcionic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alcionic »

There seems to be an issue where inserters are taking items from logistics robots when they pass overhead. Ive never had this happen before so I'm assuming that its an issue that came up with this update

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

alcionic wrote:There seems to be an issue where inserters are taking items from logistics robots when they pass overhead. Ive never had this happen before so I'm assuming that its an issue that came up with this update
This is already fixed for 0.11.12

Return to “Releases”