[MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
AnodeCathode
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Landfill (2.1.2)

Post by AnodeCathode »

I did just add the modified version to my own game, but thought others might perhaps be interested if they are using Bob's Mods.

Avous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Avous »

I'm going to request something and its fairly big, would there be a way to detect which ground texture is being used around the water source that you are filling, then set it to a variable and use that to change the texture? I play in a desert and it's pretty weird having grass in the middle of it for no reason.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Avous wrote:I'm going to request something and its fairly big, would there be a way to detect which ground texture is being used around the water source that you are filling, then set it to a variable and use that to change the texture? I play in a desert and it's pretty weird having grass in the middle of it for no reason.
I can switch it to not replace non-water with grass. The grass edges around the water are how the base-game works. There's nothing I can do to fix that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Avous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Avous »

Rseding91 wrote:
Avous wrote:I'm going to request something and its fairly big, would there be a way to detect which ground texture is being used around the water source that you are filling, then set it to a variable and use that to change the texture? I play in a desert and it's pretty weird having grass in the middle of it for no reason.
I can switch it to not replace non-water with grass. The grass edges around the water are how the base-game works. There's nothing I can do to fix that.
I know but what I'm saying is would it be possible to get coordinates of the body of water you're filling and checking the ground texture to the block past the grass?

What I'm saying roughly is,

Code: Select all

if landfill placed{
  x = landfill axis coordinate
  xStart = landfill axis starting position
  y = landfill axis coordinate
  yStart = landfill axis starting position
  z = block texture
  while (x == water){
    ++x
  }
  ++x
  while (y == water){
    ++y
  }
  ++y
}
if (x texture == y texture){
  z = x texture
  }elseif ((x - xStarting) => (y - yStarting)){
    z = x texture
  }else{
    z = y texture
  }
}
if that helps explain what I mean.

if that is just mad ramblings, detect the shortest edge of the lake +1 from the position the landfill is placed and set the texture to the closest one if they don't match.

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

In every version of factorio my friend just keeps desyncing as soon as he has connected to me when we are using this mod the same happends when i conenct to him and other mods work fine so :?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tom_The_Hero1 wrote:In every version of factorio my friend just keeps desyncing as soon as he has connected to me when we are using this mod the same happends when i conenct to him and other mods work fine so :?
Turn on F5 and look at Script Update Time. Unless you see Landfill there it's not even running code from the mod.

Are you saying that you can create a new game with this mod, and when someone joins they desync immediately? Are you sure you both have the same version of this mod (2.1.2) with the latest Factorio on a fresh map?

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

When we use other mods it is fine but when we wanna play with eachother when landfill is installed we constandly keep getting desyncs i don't even get a chance to open the debug screen

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tom_The_Hero1 wrote:When we use other mods it is fine but when we wanna play with eachother when landfill is installed we constandly keep getting desyncs i don't even get a chance to open the debug screen

Try this:

1. Remove all mods but Landfill
2. Start a brand new MP game
3. Have your friend connect

Does it desync then?

There are over 1600 downloads of the 2.1.2 version and you're the only one saying it's causing desync so my initial thoughts are some other issue with your game not related to the mod. But, if you can get me a save game where it's desycing with just Landfill 2.1.2 I'll work on getting it fixed.

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

i will give you the link to downlaod the savefile in 1 or 2 days :/

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

Here is the download link for a map where my friend keeps getting desyncs every few seconds with only landfill installed : https://www.mediafire.com/?p57hi6dyn4d22yt

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tom_The_Hero1 wrote:Here is the download link for a map where my friend keeps getting desyncs every few seconds with only landfill installed : https://www.mediafire.com/?p57hi6dyn4d22yt

Do I need to do anything special to make it happen? It seems to work just fine for me: http://i.imgur.com/QMWab2B.jpg

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

all the settings where standard

Tom_The_Hero1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tom_The_Hero1 »

i wanted to record it and suddenly it started working :o

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Welp, found a neat little bug.
If you stand right next to the bomb when it goes off, you go into "god mode"
It's almost like playing freeplay.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

I'll be able to test if we desync soon if I can figure out how to get it to launch. My bug is probably something super simple, I get an error on launch something like "Landfill.zip won't work because expecting filename Landfill_2.1.0.zip". Thats not the version I have (using latest) but I try renaming it to that to see if it makes it happy. Then on launch I get the error "Error while loading entity prototype "landfill-fade" (corpse): No such node (width) Modifications: Landfill".

I am using Dytech + Treefarm so I assume there is just some sort of complication with those mods atm. We are impatient so we will probably just give up on trying to figure it out and start a new world without it. I thought I'd let you know though, mod looks pretty cool and nice for making bases more aesthetically pleasing or for bridges (we didn't really plan to use it for OP means).

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

MaxStrategy wrote:My bug is probably something super simple
yep, the name does need to be changed to name_version format (both specified in the info.json file) and in one of the 11.x version (.6 I think) they changed frame_width and frame_height in animations to just width and height (for consistency with sprite definitions). I think there are a few other changes but the error messages and changelog/release notes should let you find the solutions without much issue.
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

MaxStrategy wrote:I'll be able to test if we desync soon if I can figure out how to get it to launch. My bug is probably something super simple, I get an error on launch something like "Landfill.zip won't work because expecting filename Landfill_2.1.0.zip". Thats not the version I have (using latest) but I try renaming it to that to see if it makes it happy. Then on launch I get the error "Error while loading entity prototype "landfill-fade" (corpse): No such node (width) Modifications: Landfill".

I am using Dytech + Treefarm so I assume there is just some sort of complication with those mods atm. We are impatient so we will probably just give up on trying to figure it out and start a new world without it. I thought I'd let you know though, mod looks pretty cool and nice for making bases more aesthetically pleasing or for bridges (we didn't really plan to use it for OP means).
You should be able to just use the 0.11 version and play with the latest 0.11.14/15 experimental without any issues. Are you trying to use a older version with 0.11.14/15?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

SuicidalKid wrote:Welp, found a neat little bug.
If you stand right next to the bomb when it goes off, you go into "god mode"
It's almost like playing freeplay.

Well don't stand next to it :P

Anyway, It should be simple enough to fix.

Sutoraika
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sutoraika »

Hey there, love the mod but i'm wondering if there is any way to increase the radius the water bomb applies? i had a brief look at the code but cant see how its handled with my very limited experience of how mods are programmed.

Alternatively might it be possible to request a recipe for a bigger bomb? crafted out of say 5 regular ones and a processing unit or something similar?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: OH! also, the game crashes when you try to fill-o-matic a body of water that stretches out side of the rendered area, not sure thats fixable at all but I figured I should at least report it on the off chance you didn't know of it.

filippe999
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by filippe999 »

Can you create channels? as in pump water in an underlayed area to create a water area? with your mod you can reclaim flooded areas so why not make it possible to pump water into a trench and make it a water area? terraforming FTW

Return to “Mods”