No Marathon mode in 2.0 confirmed?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Panzerknacker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: No Marathon mode in 2.0 confirmed?

Post by Panzerknacker »

Alright I tested 2.0 and I cannot believe how you literally threw expensive recipes in the garbage. The options for Marathon and Death World Marathon are still there but they are indeed only x4 research cost, it's not even comparable. Additionally there seem to be changes to the tech tree, the biggest one I found is that Space Science is no longer a 8K research but you get it for free with the Rocket silo. That's a huge nerf and makes the game so much different and easier overall.

I just don't understand, just why? Those recipes were already invented, they were already balanced, all the work had been done already, they worked for years and you just discard them, straight into the bin?

IMO what you need to do is REMOVE Marathon and Death World Marathon modes from the menu (because you are lying there, they are not anymore what they are still called), make a OFFICIAL Marathon mod (so that it is compatible with achievements) that when enabled changes all the recipes to the former expensive ones. Then when you go to the Freeplay screen, there would be no 'Default' or 'Death World' or 'Island' or 'Rail world' or whatever map settings but ONLY Marathon and Death World Marathon, each with their correct settings for research cost multiplier and all the settings that these modes haven normally.

And do the same for Space Age in time.

While still inferior and annoying to use, it is the only way I can think off to bring this back under the current system.

So far with this change and Fluid system overhaul, 2.0 really feels like a big downgrade to me. Maybe if you can fix this at least then people like me would be wanting to atleast TRY 2.0 so that we could be possibly enjoying it and find out the good things about it.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Panzerknacker wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:49 pm
Alright I tested 2.0 and I cannot believe how you literally threw expensive recipes in the garbage.[...]
Meh. That is basically what boskid confirmed to you 2 weeks ago already when you started the thread. ^^
Panzerknacker wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:49 pm
[...] The options for Marathon and Death World Marathon are still there but they are indeed only x4 research cost [...]
And that is what Bilka confirmed to you 3 days ago.

Don't know what you expected. ^^

Panzerknacker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Panzerknacker »

Thanks for bumping my thread.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

No problem. It will not help you anyway. You got the answers you wanted and the thread serves no further purpose. Koub can close it. ^^

If you want to complain further, go to the suggestions or Balancing board and continue your crusade there.

Panzerknacker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Panzerknacker »

Thanks again. I think you are just happy that the modes are gone because you could'nt stand them being there, knowing you would never be able to beat them.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

OK with this very constructive "l2play noob" post, I guess there is not much to add. I'm locking it (if anyone has something constructive to add, the moderators are easy to reach).
[Koub] Thread locked.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”