Factorio: Space Age is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio: Space Age is here!

Post by kitters »

I used to pause game and turn on useful grid with shift+space. How I do it now?

upd. I keep shooting my assemblers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

vinzenz wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:11 pm
Razorlance wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:45 pm
vinzenz wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:43 pm
Most likely you downloaded just the base game and not Space Age from the Website
So if I don't see a link for the DLC download and I still see a button to buy the DLC, does that mean I don't have the DLC and somehow bought another copy of the base game?
Yes that means that the account you're logged into factorio.com with doesn't own space age. Please message support@factorio.com if you bought the base game twice. After buying from the website you get a link to the humble website with a upgrade key which you need to enter on factorio.com/profile to upgrade your account with the space age ownership.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. But I did use this link https://www.factorio.com/buy-space-age to buy the DLC, and got the humble code and added in my Factorio profile. So I thought I had bought the DLC, not sure how I bought the base game twice, also didn't know you could buy it twice and add it to your Factorio account when you already owned it.

I've already emailed support a couple of hours ago, I guess there's a backlog? so just waiting.

edit: I've just searched for Factorio on humble and the expansion is listed separately from the base game, but my list of games only shows the base game.

Also when I saw the 'buy space age' link on Factorio.com and bought the game this was just before the official release announcement, and then briefly the link disappeared until a little time after the announcement. Is it possible that when the link first went up it linked to the base game and not the DLC, that's why it disappeared for a bit then came back after someone fixed it? just my guess.

Glitterspin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

HOW to GET your ACCESS from HUMBLE

Post by Glitterspin »

Okay so I think I had the same problem as a lot of people, and it's definitely not intuitive.

IF YOU BOUGHT ON HUMBLE BUNDLE:

factorio.com
login
10-21-2024, 10-48-48.png
10-21-2024, 10-48-48.png (124.69 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
click on your username
10-21-2024, 10-52-17.png
10-21-2024, 10-52-17.png (19.21 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
scroll down to memberships
10-21-2024, 10-49-33.png
10-21-2024, 10-49-33.png (28.99 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
input upgrade code, from your email / humble's website.
10-21-2024, 10-51-11.png
10-21-2024, 10-51-11.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
10-21-2024, 10-51-19.png
10-21-2024, 10-51-19.png (12.67 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
You're done!

(PS: it's worth noting that in order to access the game on Steam you need to use a different code, generated under the same page's "Steam Account")
Looking for people to play with! Not sure the ettiquette or things. Ideally, I'd like peeps that can play fairly often, and with voicechat.

princediver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by princediver »

just remember xcom 1-2 EU and TFTD. Now we need updgrade for water/underwater production line. Add few planets with different liquids without any lands.

Canyon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Canyon »

Ah, wonderful. Now to convince my friends to buy it so we can play multiplayer...

Razorlance
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Razorlance »

So there must have been some mix up with my purchase as support got back to me and fixed my issue, I can now download space age, thanks for all the help.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by linktothepast83 »

Happy to see there is a price parity for the EU compared to the US price. :)

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Gifted game and expo to my collegues. Thanks!
10-21-2024, 10-10-24.png
10-21-2024, 10-10-24.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 1173 times

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

Thanks Wube. It's been a ride, this last year, leading up to this.

I'm just playing on a random seed but it looks and feels amazing compared to before, and I have to build around the landscape a little more. I like that there are three coal patches in my starting area, one normal, one small, and one tiny. The starting experience is a little bit better than before, too.

Can't wait to get to space, can't wait to play with quality and the planets and everything.

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

Congratulations! :D

Berndie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Berndie »

I bought SA over factorio.com. I checked out via paypal and entered my email. I received an email from paypal with the transaction code and the information that the money was send to contact@humblebundle.com. I did not receive a code nor an email from humblebundle. So far i had no cantact to humblebundle.

Any idea what to do ?

p.s. i like so solve puzzles, but not this type ...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Berndie wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:30 pm
I bought SA over factorio.com. I checked out via paypal and entered my email. I received an email from paypal with the transaction code and the information that the money was send to contact@humblebundle.com. I did not receive a code nor an email from humblebundle. So far i had no cantact to humblebundle.
Check out technical help, this is not done in this topic here.

M.O.I Engineer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by M.O.I Engineer »

I personally like updates to the game to make it more fun. But the menu mini videos in the background... The engineer couldn't even kill the enemies during personal defense laser part where it suppose to. Same with the Spidertron part where it should show the power of this giant mech but instead it couldn't even finish killing the biters before the video ends like "AHA!! Look how pathetic you and your mech are after the update. Screw you experienced player.." hahaha
By the way, As I set 600% 600% death world as my standard play through, the major concern of the playthrough is the spawner health increase through evolution mechanic due to the fact that you have to clear quite a bit of nests to gain new resources, it kinda make the run way more difficult than before as more resources need to be allocated on killing them each time you kill one. But still a challenge for myself.(I haven't tried it yet so I wont complain or compliment about the change.)
Still love this game overall keep up the good work.
Last edited by M.O.I Engineer on Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delzur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Delzur »

Soooo, direct option doesn't work for me.
I don't know what's up with HB and stripe, but I used 3 cards + paypal on a linux, a phone, and a mac, with multiple addresses (incl. a hotmail.com) and I'm still getting rejected.

If someone finds some info, I'd like to know. In the meantime I contacted support.

Eric_NL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Eric_NL »

It seems like there are undocumented changes to crafting recipes? For example, I noticed all the power poles require copper cables now instead of plates. Is this just an issue where the unofficial wiki was wrong about these recipes?

HearingNight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio: Space Age is here! BUG!!!!!

Post by HearingNight »

Copper wires are not connected back to power lines. Maybe someone knows what to do with this?

cbtmessageman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cbtmessageman »

kitters wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:28 pm
I used to pause game and turn on useful grid with shift+space. How I do it now?

upd. I keep shooting my assemblers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pause button on the keyboard.

guy-732
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by guy-732 »

Welp... now that filter inserters no longer exist the forum ranks will need to be updated

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

guy-732 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:36 pm
Welp... now that filter inserters no longer exist the forum ranks will need to be updated
Sure, right after the staff icon Image

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I bought the expansion from the website and it worked correctly with no problems.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “News”