Frequent Crashes

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
EggBoi21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Frequent Crashes

Post by EggBoi21 »

I have been getting crashes very frequently between 5-10 minutes when I load into my save file. I have only the base game installed at the moment. Wanted to upload logs before I verify files and/or uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11.88 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
factorio-previous.log
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

EggBoi21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Frequent Crashes

Post by EggBoi21 »

I knew it was gonna happen. It crashed again right after I updated my post. This time it was as soon as I attempted to start a new research for electric mining drills.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.13 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by EggBoi21 on Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like a hardware problem, see 114778.

EggBoi21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EggBoi21 »

Loewchen wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:34 pm
Looks like a hardware problem, see 114778.
Just did the memtest with no issues. I also ran system file checker, and DISM check/fixes with 0 issues found. Using most current GPU drivers. No overclocking, and no overheating. PSU is brand new. No tests or monitors indicate any HW issues. Going to try a clean reinstall and see what the does.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

It's possible there is an issue with the Factorio rendering logic - it has happened before. However, it's extremely unlikely given the number of players using the same binary that are *not* experiencing issues. Additionally virtually all reports that we've gotten around rendering crashes have eventually shown to be faulting hardware on the player's end.

You can go into graphics settings and reduce the render threads to 1 and see if it improves stability for you at all. If it does, that indicates that your CPU is likely not executing instructions correctly under heavy threaded load.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

EggBoi21
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EggBoi21 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:02 pm
It's possible there is an issue with the Factorio rendering logic - it has happened before. However, it's extremely unlikely given the number of players using the same binary that are *not* experiencing issues. Additionally virtually all reports that we've gotten around rendering crashes have eventually shown to be faulting hardware on the player's end.

You can go into graphics settings and reduce the render threads to 1 and see if it improves stability for you at all. If it does, that indicates that your CPU is likely not executing instructions correctly under heavy threaded load.
Dropped to 1 and have since increased to 4. Game hasn't crashed since. Thanks for the insight!

Return to “1 / 0 magic”