Please help. The game will not open with update and DLC

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kuransan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Please help. The game will not open with update and DLC

Post by kuransan »

I have tried restarting my computer, deleting and reinstalling the game. It says the files are broken.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Please help. The game will not open with update and DLC

Post by vinzenz »

kuransan wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:15 am
I have tried restarting my computer, deleting and reinstalling the game. It says the files are broken.
From where did you get the game? Steam, Website, Gog? Can you try the zip download from our website?
bringing the oops to devops

dimosthenis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dimosthenis »

Same issue here. Also tracked in https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ed_errors/

Added log too.

Verified integrity of game cache - all good

I was in a beta when I installed space age, I no longer am

Tried disabling the space age DLC, didn't work

Renamed my AppData/Roaming/Factorio folder so that it would be recreated, didn't work

Restarting my PC and steam didn't work
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Last edited by dimosthenis on Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuransan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kuransan »

vinzenz wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:24 am
From where did you get the game? Steam, Website, Gog? Can you try the zip download from our website?
I downloaded it straight from steam

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:33 am
you can try to login with steam here https://factorio.com/login and download the zip

please upload the logfile for your crash and ensure you're not opted into some factorio steam betas
bringing the oops to devops

kuransan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kuransan »

I play on Mac. I don't know where my screenshot went, but I tried downloading it though steam again through crossover and I got a different error about shaders. I will try to attach that screenshot. I am trying to download from the your website now.

kuransan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kuransan »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:36 am
you can try to login with steam here https://factorio.com/login and download the zip

please upload the logfile for your crash and ensure you're not opted into some factorio steam betas
I am not very good at computers. How do I get a crash log? Im a nurse when I'm off work from factorio so I have never done this before :')

kuransan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kuransan »

Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:43 am
Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:36 am

I am not very good at computers. How do I get a crash log? Im a nurse when I'm off work from factorio so I have never done this before :')
I was able to download and play after getting it straight from the website. Thanks!

Return to β€œTechnical Help”