Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.10

Post by kovarex »

Lets try it again.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Technology slots icons drawing positions.
    • Fixed the crash when trying to drag non-draggable window.
    • Fixed the problem of stuck inserters when putting stuff on transport belt with direction away from it.
    • Fixed the crash when tips & tricks window was displayed.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

bastrath
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.10

Post by bastrath »

That was really fast, thank you! Keep up the great work.

Edit:
  • No more crashes when starting a new game or loading a game from 11.9
    inserter don't place items into a tunnel, maybe a new feature? Or was it already like this all the time?
    Research Icons are all in position now :)
Last edited by bastrath on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe my english isn's good, but compared to our train conductors my english is high level (Sänk ju for träwelink wiss deutsche Bahn!)

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

Impressively quick hot fix.. Good Job!

..now let's hear the results :P

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

bastrath wrote:That was really fast, thank you! Keep up the great work.

Edit:
    inserter don't place items into a tunnel, maybe a new feature? Or was it already like this all the time?
Not intended, could you post bug report with description of the problem please?

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

kovarex wrote:Could you post bug report with description of the problem please?

Bug Report: They cover the entire planet!!!
8-)

Ekelbatzen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ekelbatzen »

kovarex wrote:

Edit:
Is he probably referring to this post from the 0.11.9 thread?

westy wrote:Inserters will no longer place items onto underground belt entrances.

This seems to have broken a fair few things in my factory ;)

(I also get the science visuals bug, but there's nothing game-breaking there)
Specs: 3770k, 16GB DDR3, 1060, Win10 x64, latest experimental via Steam

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Ekelbatzen wrote:Is he probably referring to this post from the 0.11.9 thread?
Yeah but the release comments/discussions aren't really bug reports per se. It's best to post actual bug reports in the bug report forum for organization/tracking purposes.

bastrath
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bastrath »

Ekelbatzen wrote:
kovarex wrote:

Edit:
Is he probably referring to this post from the 0.11.9 thread?

westy wrote:Inserters will no longer place items onto underground belt entrances.

(I also get the science visuals bug, but there's nothing game-breaking there)
yes, it's exactly the problem. Thanks for the quick response :) I wasn't sure if it's a bug or it's just me ^^
Maybe my english isn's good, but compared to our train conductors my english is high level (Sänk ju for träwelink wiss deutsche Bahn!)

BrinCaspian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrinCaspian »

I'm now getting an Error during startup. Seems there is now a compatibility issue with DyTech Inserters. "inserter-close has wrong insert vector as it isn't in safe distance from the tile edge"

That seems something DyTech will need to look at, but I just wanted to report it before others run into it by updating. 0.11.9 worked fine for me, but the saves had gotten longer again for me.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

BrinCaspian wrote:I'm now getting an Error during startup. Seems there is now a compatibility issue with DyTech Inserters. "inserter-close has wrong insert vector as it isn't in safe distance from the tile edge"
Yes, that is intentional, to force the mods to be fixed.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

okay, if you've done these changes to inserters force mods to update inserters, what values should we use to make inserters put items on the near side of the belt?

Take a look at the base mode.

The values were 0.86, 0.14 (distant, near side of the belt).
Now these are 0.7, 0.3

EDIT: that was an edit, not a reply. I've done that myself before in my subforum :lol:

anyway, the numbers that seem to be causing the problem for me were with "insert_position" were 1.35 in the old base mod, and changed to 1.2, so I've been changing them to 1.2 and 0.8 and the game seems to be accepting it, I havn't tried them out yet though.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

I have the same problem as Bob, how can i correct it?

EDIT: now i tried to put the same values and now work.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

McGuten wrote:EDIT: now i tried to put the same values and now work.
thats why I shared :3
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

that hotfix is just in time! Good job

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

bobingabout wrote:okay, if you've done these changes to inserters force mods to update inserters, what values should we use to make inserters put items on the near side of the belt?

Take a look at the base mode.

The values were 0.86, 0.14 (distant, near side of the belt).
Now these are 0.7, 0.3

EDIT: that was an edit, not a reply. I've done that myself before in my subforum :lol:

anyway, the numbers that seem to be causing the problem for me were with "insert_position" were 1.35 in the old base mod, and changed to 1.2, so I've been changing them to 1.2 and 0.8 and the game seems to be accepting it, I havn't tried them out yet though.
Oups, sorry :)

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Continued the MP .8 game we've been doing and first autosave that happened froze the game. We waited a bit, no help, so when I as host hit 'quit game' the other player's client crashed to desktop. I'm looking for any sort of log file I might be able to upload as a full bug report.

bnvy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bnvy »

Not certain of this, but it looks to me like there may be excessive delay in waking up inserters (related to the recent optimization).

I'm looking at the green circuit assembler on the left. It had stalled when I took the screenshot. As you can see, output is not blocked and the assembler only has two completed (of the four it can hold) at this time. It has plenty of wire, but zero iron plates, despite an abundance available to it. The inserters just aren't picking it up.

It's the "stutter" effect where it briefly goes silent, normally because it can't get inputs or unload output. It varies, but seems to do 10-20 smoothly before taking a little break, each of which lasts more than half a second, probably closer to a full second. I tried separately removing either the speed or productivity module, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

On a positive note, this release seems to have eliminated the problem where picking up things like walls and belts sometimes becomes very slow. I'd be picking up a line of belts and the usual rapid pace, and then for no discernible reason they would suddenly start taking more than twice as long. Never figured out a pattern, often went away after saving/reloading, but it was quite frustrating. Have several hours on this release now without seeing it once. Nice.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

bnvy wrote:It's the "stutter" effect where it briefly goes silent, normally because it can't get inputs or unload output. It varies, but seems to do 10-20 smoothly before taking a little break, each of which lasts more than half a second, probably closer to a full second. I tried separately removing either the speed or productivity module, and it didn't seem to make a difference.
This is caused by not enough output inserters. Input inserters stall when the output stack is >= 2 (for single-item recipes).

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Are extra low graphics icons fixed?

Tested, still no fix for icons, how can one see what that thing is supposed to be when there are only few pixels. Other things have normal icons but like 50% have complete pixel garbage displayed.

bnvy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bnvy »

DaveMcW wrote: This is caused by not enough output inserters. Input inserters stall when the output stack is >= 2 (for single-item recipes).
I stand corrected. You can see the space where I had a second one at first, and replacing it makes it run smoothly. Thanks for the clarification, good to know.

Edit: It appears I was mistaken about this as well:
bnvy wrote: On a positive note, this release seems to have eliminated the problem where picking up things like walls and belts sometimes becomes very slow. I'd be picking up a line of belts and the usual rapid pace, and then for no discernible reason they would suddenly start taking more than twice as long. Never figured out a pattern, often went away after saving/reloading, but it was quite frustrating. Have several hours on this release now without seeing it once. Nice.
Still happens. Playing with it a bit more, it's about as if I changed manualminingspeedmodifier by a factor of 10, i.e. it takes about 5 seconds to pick up a wall instead of half a sec, though before and after the value displays as zero (wiki says default should be 1?). Hard to believe no one else experiences this, but searching turns up nothing. I'll be starting a new game shortly, and will file a bug report if I can capture saves before and after the first occurrence.

Return to “Releases”