Factory Planner crashes a server.

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Elan
Inserter
Inserter

Factory Planner crashes a server.

Post by Elan »

I don't know how to reproduce. It happens occasionally on a dedicated multiplayer server.

Log attached.
Attachments
factory planner error.txt
(3.02 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.110] Factory Planner crashes a server.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however you need to send this to the creator of Factory Planner. This is a simple error on the mods side and the server is responding with all it can do: report the error to the console and gracefully shut down.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Elan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Elan »

OK, I can do that. It's a little surprising a third party crashing your software isn't a concern.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Elan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:40 pm
OK, I can do that. It's a little surprising a third party crashing your software isn't a concern.
That's not crashing. That's how mods work. If they do something wrong, you get the error in the server console and it shuts down. If you want to avoid that, you can choose to not use mods. This is the graceful error handling. A crash is a segfault/corruption that produces a stack trace and a log on the operating system that the program crashed.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

PennyJim
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factory Planner crashes a server.

Post by PennyJim »

The only reason it feels like crashing, is because it's happening on a headless server. If you host a server with your client and have other players connect. It'll more clearly describe that a specific mod has an error and kick you to the main menu (which doesn't exist on the headless server)

Return to “Modding help”