Placing pipes next to each other

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Placing pipes next to each other

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into an older thread with the same suggestion. And indeed, there are many other threads with variations about how to change the pipe autoconnect.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MichaelJCaboose
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MichaelJCaboose »

I dont get the whole idea about problems with space. Personally, i always play with certain mods installed, like the waterfill mod. This enables me to disable water all over the place, meaning I can do as I please. Which also means, I can slap dont factories of stupid proportions. Like my liquification plants. they are 22 refineries in 8 rows, with an equally stupid amount of chem factories, to make petrolium. Even though my screenshot is from K2, the piping system is still allowing me to revert them to basegame pipes (range is bigger with K2 pipes), because I had the brains to build it in a vanilla game (which was a 1 of a kind idea, since everything else I made, is not exactly compatible with vanilla). I even made all belts in red/blue, so I can use them in a vanilla game :-)

Ofcourse, just because i cant see the reasoning in not using underground pipes, doesnt mean others arent able to..
Attachments
ref.png
ref.png (350.68 KiB) Viewed 136 times

protocol_1903
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by protocol_1903 »

If you really need it, i made a mod for this problem. It does, however, require a second mod to add pipes.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/no-pipe-touching
If you need to reach me, message me on discord.

I make qol mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
If you have a mod idea, I can look into it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”