is the circuit network just completely broken on nintendo switch?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
_galen_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

is the circuit network just completely broken on nintendo switch?

Post by _galen_ »

Nintendo Switch. Trying to learn about circuit networks but i'm becoming more and more convinced that it's just too bugged to use. so, i have a chest with 10 copper plates in it. i have a decider combinator which that chest feeds that takes an input signal of >5 copper plates, and outputs the letter "S" with the "output specified signal as 1" option. that then feeds a lamp. lamp's input is the "S = 1".

the lamp will shine whether there are copper plates in the chest or not! and, it seems that using any other operator like > or < for the lamp's input will turn it off, and that it can only take the = operator and then i can set it's input "S" equal to any item at all and it will stay on!

please tell me i'm just missing some basic information that is buried deep in the internet somewhere because i'd really like for this game to actually have a 'redstone' system that actually works.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: is the circuit network just completely broken on nintendo switch?

Post by Loewchen »

You never actually say the signals and values you compare in the lamp, if what ever you compare is true the lamp will be on, otherwise off. I do not understand what the point of the combinator is if all you want to do is switching a light.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

That sounds like you may be comparing to the signal 1. You need to compare to the value 1, set it by using the slider at the bottom of the signal selection gui.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

_galen_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by _galen_ »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:18 pm
You never actually say the signals and values you compare in the lamp, if what ever you compare is true the lamp will be on, otherwise off. I do not understand what the point of the combinator is if all you want to do is switching a light.
lamp's input is the "S = 1"
the lamp just is a simple example to illustrate this problem!

_galen_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by _galen_ »

Bilka wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:39 pm
That sounds like you may be comparing to the signal 1. You need to compare to the value 1, set it by using the slider at the bottom of the signal selection gui.
no i'm not using the big blue number and letter buttons, i am using that slider.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Please share screenshots of the setup, the combinator and lamp settings (or if you can't share screenshots, phone pictures of your switch or something) so we can provide more accurate help.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Gameplay Help”