QoL upgrades through science

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MichaelJCaboose
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

QoL upgrades through science

Post by MichaelJCaboose »

TL;DR
QoL on radar and other researches

What ?
In short, I would love to have upgradeable sciences, ranging from, but not limited to, reach while building/grabbing, radar range with similiar increased power consumption (10 grids for 10% power increase per upgrade level), speed for running/crafting and train speed (small percentage)
Why ?
Why do I want these things? Here is why;

Radar upgrade: I want to upgradeable range and increased power consumption as penalty, because I am super lazy, and because pollution does not care, if you can not see a chunk or not. it will move into it, and spawn that chunk, along with w/e the computer decides should be in there... Because, who wants to sit and randomly shootin his/hers artilleries, just to locate enemies? or run around the shroud, to figure out how far out the pollution is reaching..

reach and all speeds etc, is because you can only do so much with a tiny area of reach, that it gets annoyingly depressed, to try and put a building somewhere on your screen, only to find out, you actually have to stand right next to the location, of where you want to place the building. Crafting and running speed, are simply for the convinience. And because you can only fit so many exos in an armor ;-)

As someone using a hefty amount of mods, I do know that these features (most of them) are in different mods, but not all of them are maintained. Which means, they will soon be obsolete (2.0).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: QoL upgrades through science

Post by Koub »

Most of what you want will be far less useful in 2.0, as the interaction from map view will be very close to what the engineer will be able to do in person. So the added reach, speed, ... will be mostly useful at the very beginning, while not having access to a logistic network with construction bots. But the upgrades would probably arrive quite late, when physical interactions will have become rarer.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Stargateur
Inserter
Inserter

Re: QoL upgrades through science

Post by Stargateur »

upgrade on radar is a bad idea, you loose the ability to put a "small" and "cheap" radar for later in the game. Still in beta but I plan to do a mod with 3 tier of radar, generally I don't like tier of item but for radar it's way more flexible to have higher tier that scan better but use tons shit more of power. You can then use a small one for your outpost but a big one for a base, etc...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”