Friday Facts #423 - Research info tooltip & Online players GUI

Regular reports on Factorio development.
X3KJ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #423 - Research info tooltip & Online players GUI

Post by X3KJ »

Brambor wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:00 am
[*]Tracking an item for these cool shots of the factory - if the tracked item goes into a machine, take the first product of that machine as the new target.
Nice idea, but it sounds very gimmicky. How often would someone watch this before he would never use it again? Also, if the item you follow ends on a gigantic belt in the main bus or on a section that moves 1 times per hour because of low demand... or in a storage chest... It suddenly doesnt look so awesome then. The factorio trailer makes it seem look a lot more awesome and exciting, because there are short belts, fast switches to other machines, lots of belt spaghetti, etc. It was orchestrated/built specifically for this purpose.

i'd rather have other QoL improvements or more game content than some kind of gimmick.

Brambor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brambor »

X3KJ wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:56 am
i'd rather have other QoL improvements or more game content than some kind of gimmick.
Agreed. QoL is more important and better. But I can see myself having a camera up most of the time. Could be that I am waiting for those circuits to arrive. I can watch the destination, but watching it as early as possible is more satisfying. (Works only as well as you know your factory.)

Iri5hman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Iri5hman »

Now what we really need is multi monitor support, I want to be the man in the chair. : )

Return to “News”