Friday Facts #422 - Tesla Turret

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Panzerknacker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #422 - Tesla Turret

Post by Panzerknacker »

[Moderated by Koub : Off topic (I knew this spark would light again the fluids discussion in yet another thread. I tried to let it slip, but to no avail)]

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Panzerknacker wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:41 am
I hope the UPS gain from killing enemies faster will allow us to keep the 1.1 fluid system

(sorry Koub, I had to :P)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

Koub wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:21 am
Panzerknacker wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:41 am
I hope the UPS gain from killing enemies faster will allow us to keep the 1.1 fluid system

(sorry Koub, I had to :P)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
( Soft ) censorship of a problem, do not solve the problem.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

And yet it's so comonly used in real life by tyrants and other moderators of some sorts, i thought everybody knew x).

I think the main problem is that it's offtopic and not an argument to repeat "i prefer the older thing". I mean after the first time, there's nothing new ^^ so i think at some point one need to move on.

motmontheinternet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by motmontheinternet »

I, for one, applaud our Cato the Elder overlord.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

[Moderated by Koub : response to now moderated off topic post]

edigrand
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by edigrand »

Hello everyone. Tell me where I can download this mod?

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

edigrand wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:16 am
Hello everyone. Tell me where I can download this mod?
Can get the baby hand held version from the Space Exploration. Gonna have to wait until October for the turret tho...

edigrand
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by edigrand »

Thanks for the answer

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

edigrand wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:50 am
Thanks for the answer
For the comrades that never heard about Tesla turrets before, grabbing a Red alert 2 copy at the next steam festival wouldn't hurt. Especially since it's Olimpics time... in Paris of all the places. :mrgreen:

And also because the whole theme of Factorio expansion is to flee to the only place not corrupted by capitalism of course. Space!

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

All that's missing is a cartoon xray skeleton effect when enemies get zapped. Oh, but they're bugs and don't have internal skeletons, do they?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

malecord wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:21 pm
For the comrades that never heard about Tesla turrets before, grabbing a Red alert 2 copy at the next steam festival wouldn't hurt. Especially since it's Olimpics time... in Paris of all the places. :mrgreen:
It's a shame that one would miss the original tesla tower from red alert 1 ! x) No wonder why all the youth are all hyped up about tesla guns, those shokies are too modern for me x)

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

Yeah but RD first is quite dark in its tones... rd2 instead has comedy spin. RD1 is about war crimes and harming civilians, RD2 and 3 are puns and gags. I can recommend RD2 to anyone, but RD1 is really only for us old nostalgic millenials.

And there are no Paris or Space connections in RA1 so it's definitely ot. :lol:

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

I want them to build on this turret and give us an Ion Cannon satellite we can launch. Then we can build a remote and call down the "Thunder of God" anywhere in the world, once the satellite has charged up of course. Be like the GDI Ion Cannon from the original C&C.

Rebmes
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rebmes »

By the header, it notes that this follows up sorta on #399, and that one is an amazing read, again. idk how we'll go anywhere but Fulgora for our first trip!

JigSaW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JigSaW »

DaDrunkCow wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:38 pm
JigSaW wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:01 pm
Yet another "new" thing I've already seen and experienced in the
completely free
Space Exploration mod
mad?
just dont buy the dlc then b0z0
i won't, i'll pirate it

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:16 pm
completely free
Space Exploration mod
mad?
i won't, i'll pirate it
Why would you ? you have a free mod that does all what you want and even beyond.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JigSaW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JigSaW »

Koub wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:51 pm
Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:16 pm
completely free
Space Exploration mod
mad?
i won't, i'll pirate it
Why would you ? you have a free mod that does all what you want and even beyond.
That's a good point, in the current state that it's presented I'm not looking forward to playing SA even for free and am more interested in tackling the last overhauls I haven't tried yet with 2.0 features. But I'll probably check it out when I'm out of any other content.

As for the pirating stance that's my reaction to Wube's unconventional pricings policies. I think it's admirable to have a personal view on such things and not follow a certain industry standard (i.e. no sales), but only as long as you're not the only one who benefits from that view (if the price doesn't go down it shouldn't also go up). You could say it's a part of my philosophy, tho there're a lot of people I know to who share it.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

malecord wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:23 pm
Yeah but RD first is quite dark in its tones... rd2 instead has comedy spin. RD1 is about war crimes and harming civilians, RD2 and 3 are puns and gags. I can recommend RD2 to anyone, but RD1 is really only for us old nostalgic millenials.

And there are no Paris or Space connections in RA1 so it's definitely ot. :lol:
You could fight some big ants with in the expansion of RA1 though if you shift clicked that icon on the top left or something, and that's the closest i've ever done to using tesla on biters, so i would say there is something in RA1 that i felt prepared me for the space age :)

I agree there is no connexion to Paris, but there is the "satelite" that reveals the map to me that is the space relation, i don't know enough the 3 i only played 1 2 and generals, i'm getting old :D
Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:31 pm
(if the price doesn't go down it shouldn't also go up)
To me the price went up because devs kept working on the game, optimizing it and adding new content making the game bought in 2021 or in 2016 a different value. I also think that's fairly "standard" practice and make sense when thinking about it.

On the other hand , "sales" for "video games", a non-seasonnal, easily-reproductible product, to me, are purely artificial price variations designed to make customer feel a sense of emergency to trigger in naive brain irrationnal purchasing decision. In other words they are a trick from some companies that target their customers with manipulation.

If the price is lowered at some point, why put it back up ? according to you ? isn't that what a sale is ? how do you justify the second part of putting back up the price then ?

JigSaW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JigSaW »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:26 pm
If the price is lowered at some point, why put it back up ? according to you ? isn't that what a sale is ? how do you justify the second part of putting back up the price then ?
Yes, I was talking about the sale discounts. I wasn't suggesting for a price to go lower indefinitely, I was referring to the fact that the game never goes on sale.
mmmPI wrote: ↑
Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:26 pm
I also think that's fairly "standard" practice and make sense when thinking about it.
It is indeed a standard practice that benefits the developer, I have nothing against it. As long as the developer follows other standard practices that benefit the player as well, like sales. But if devs are picking and choosing practices that only benefit them, well, the player might be inclined to do the same.

Return to β€œNews”