Copy/paste setting does not work with fluid storage-tank

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
NyanFury
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Copy/paste setting does not work with fluid storage-tank

Post by NyanFury »

I'm trying to extend chests and storage tank, storing extra data in the global. And I got to the point where my entities are blueprint-able, and I can copy/paste settings on chests using shift-clicks.

Then I realized that unlike other entities, copy/paste settings (shift-right-click & shift-left-click) does not work on storage-tank. When I press shift-right-click, tanks are not marked (green rectangle) as source at all.

Is this because storage-tank does not have portable settings like chest bar? But since filter is allowed (and I'm actually actively using it), shouldn't copy-settings work?

Anyways, is there any workaround - prototype/entity flag, intercepting certain event, etc.? Or should I overlap dummy entity that does allow copy/paste?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Copy/paste setting does not work with fluid storage-tank

Post by robot256 »

Since storage tanks have no paste-able settings in vanilla, they may simply not trigger any of the paste-settings events internally. The devs will have to either add it to that logic, or remove the settings that make it necessary (hopefully the former).

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Try setting additional_pastable_entities on the storage tank prototype.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

NyanFury
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NyanFury »

Bilka wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:33 am
Try setting additional_pastable_entities on the storage tank prototype.
That did the trick! Thank you very much! :D

Documentation puzzled me a bit b/c it sounded like it changes only the paste side logic. But this worked perfectly with copy-entity-setting input properly setting LuaPlayer.entity_copy_source to my storage tank.

Return to “Modding help”