Inserters Ignore Train Cargo via Circuit Network and Place an Item Regardless

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SilentOne13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserters Ignore Train Cargo via Circuit Network and Place an Item Regardless

Post by SilentOne13 »

Factorio Version: 1.1.109

When setting a train station with an automated train to read cargo from a train and wire it directly to inserters, the inserters always place one item onto the train before reading the cargo and realize no more items are needed.

The inserters should not activate until they read the train contents first and then realize they should/should not act.

Thank you.
Attachments
1 - My Station Setup.png
1 - My Station Setup.png (386.91 KiB) Viewed 297 times
2 - Train Cargo.png
2 - Train Cargo.png (52.92 KiB) Viewed 297 times
3 - Uranium Inserter.png
3 - Uranium Inserter.png (440.55 KiB) Viewed 297 times
4 - Inserters Moving One Unit Before Reading Train Contents.png
4 - Inserters Moving One Unit Before Reading Train Contents.png (422.87 KiB) Viewed 297 times
5 - Train Orders.png
5 - Train Orders.png (74.86 KiB) Viewed 297 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inserters Ignore Train Cargo via Circuit Network and Place an Item Regardless

Post by mmmPI »

I see this was moved to gameplay help, maybe some explanations will help :

One thing is the way circuits works, inserters receive the information to "disable" only 1 tick after the train has arrived. Same as signal that goes inside a combinator that does +1 need 1 tick to come out of the output.

That is problematic in your case because when there are no trains, the conditions you used are "true". i think this make the inserter picks up something, and attempt to place it on a train. ( or at least the very first tick the train arrive).

Then when a train arrive, this item is deposited, and 1 tick later the inserter is deactivated because the condition may "false". ( deactivating an inserter mid swing doesn't work ).

You can solve this by changing the conditions on the inserters so they are always "false" , say making them [green signal >2] then having a combinator that check if there is a train, and output a green signal, then another combinator that check if fuel cell is under 50, and output a green signal.

This way, only when a train is there AND it need an item, are situations where inserters will pick an item.

This is to illustrate the logic, there are ways to use less combinators i can develop if you are interested, or that other player would show i think :)

SilentOne13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Inserters Ignore Train Cargo via Circuit Network and Place an Item Regardless

Post by SilentOne13 »

Ok I was able to get it working. This makes sense. Thank you!

Return to “Gameplay Help”