Construction Oriented Exoskeleton

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Construction Oriented Exoskeleton

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Imagine a much larger version of the exoskeleton equipment, but instead of a module that slots within the various modular armors, it is modular armor itself.
Best fit pic
Exoskeleton Armor details:
--Player model is larger while wearing this particular 'armor', 1.5x.15 - 2x2 squares.
--Player can construct / deconstruct from a larger range.
--Player can kill small biters just by stepping on them, (SMALL BITERS ONLY).
--Movement speed is reduced.
--Exoskeleton's armor/HP is higher than heavy armor, but lower than basic modular armor.
--Module Slot area is much larger than that of modular armors.
--Can't equip Energy Shields, Personal Lasers, Discharge Defenses, or Basic Exoskeletons.
--The player would still be able to use weapons and capsules while in the Exoskeleton.

An accompanying thought would be to have construction based modules as well as the combat based ones.
--Portable Furnaces (Burner & Electric)
--Portable Assemblers
--Storage Racks / Bins for extra inventory space.
--Portable Roboport (there's already a mod for it so why not?)
--Portable Radar
--Portable Lamp

All pics were found by google image searching for 'lifter exoskeleton':
Eye Candy MkII
Eye Candy MkIII
Eye Candy MkIV
Eye Candy MkV

nyspace1
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Construction Oriented Exoskeleton

Post by nyspace1 »

I like the idea of the portable radar and I think that that should be given it's own idea and suggestion topic. I think that it should keep track of enemy movements as well as train movements in your general area.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

You might want to put a taste of actual execution of the idea in, rather than using simple fantasy. But that's just my opinion.

Your idea, your direction. :)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

leeknivek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeknivek »

This looks like some Metal Gear Solid type stuff. I like the concept art. I think it would fit well within Factorio's atmosphere, but may be a bit unwieldy or impractical.

If its able to crush small biters, it must have the power to do some damage to stationary buildings if you accidentally hit them. Wouldn't fit well with compact setups, if that were the case. Think of the car or the tank - you can't use the that much within your base, though they are convenient for traveling out to remote locations or killing biters.

Why no shields or weapons? That seems useful in a hostile environment. Maybe a speed bonus without them, and a speed reduction with them?

I think another perk should be to increase the player's inventory. Maybe not even directly? but, rather, that stacks of items can double in size with the increased carrying weight capacity.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

n9103 wrote:You might want to put a taste of actual execution of the idea in, rather than using simple fantasy. But that's just my opinion.
Your idea, your direction. :)
You seem to have grasped the direction I was aiming for rather well, which is construction based. When I went looking for pics though, I could only really find the one, or variations of it. The pics at the bottom of OP labeled 'Eye Candy' are literally just that, though oriented towards what would happen if said exoskeletons were weaponized, which I didn't mention since I thought it might make some other things completely obsolete.
leeknivek wrote:This looks like some Metal Gear Solid type stuff. I like the concept art. I think it would fit well within Factorio's atmosphere, but may be a bit unwieldy or impractical.
If its able to crush small biters, it must have the power to do some damage to stationary buildings if you accidentally hit them. Wouldn't fit well with compact setups, if that were the case. Think of the car or the tank - you can't use the that much within your base, though they are convenient for traveling out to remote locations or killing biters.
Why no shields or weapons? That seems useful in a hostile environment. Maybe a speed bonus without them, and a speed reduction with them?
I think another perk should be to increase the player's inventory. Maybe not even directly? but, rather, that stacks of items can double in size with the increased carrying weight capacity.
I figured that said construction exoskeleton would be able to fit the same modules power armor can, and the main thought is that they would be for construction, not combat. As for causing damage to friendly structures from crashing into them, that didn't actually cross my mind when I first wrote this idea out, though that would give another reason why it should have a larger build radius. As for inventory, chest/storage modules that would increase inventory space.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”