Change "Toggle filter" option name to more obvious and verbose

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

serkosal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Change "Toggle filter" option name to more obvious and verbose

Post by serkosal »

TL;DR
Change controls inventory option's name "Toggle filter" to "Remove item | Toggle filter" AND/OR change it description.
What ?
In settings -> Controls -> Inventory -> Toggle filter. Rename the name of that option to more verbose and obvious "Remove item | Toggle filter" and/or change it's description. Current descriptions says only about filters, and yes it reflects what it does but it is not obvious.

Long read
My middle button on the mouse is currently broken. So i had faced with the problem that i couldn't remove items from quickbar, so i went to the controls settings I didn't found any related option (i thought so then). And after several times i checked every option's names, i gave up and found solution in google, which is "Toggle filter".
Change that option's name to sort of "Remove Item/Toggle filter" and/or add additional information about removing items from quickbar in option description, because current name is confusing and doesn't reflect the essence of things.
It's also located in an "Inventory" section which is not completely obvious because there is also exists an "quickbar" section.
Attachments
New Bitmap image.png
New Bitmap image.png (30.17 KiB) Viewed 437 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Change "Toggle filter" option name to more obvious and verbose

Post by FuryoftheStars »

"Toggle filter / quickbar" makes more sense to me than "Remove item".

"Remove item" is too abstract to me, and the quickbar technically is a filter (you're not removing the item from your inventory and placing it on your quickbar).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

"Lock quickbar slot"
or a longer "Lock item on a quickbar slot"
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Koub wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:59 am
"Lock quickbar slot"
or a longer "Lock item on a quickbar slot"
Except this is used for more than just the Quickbar, right?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”