Access installed mods without enabling them

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Access installed mods without enabling them

Post by Illiander42 »

We should be able to access installed mod assets without having the mod enabled.

The big, massive reason for this is that I want a mod that enables the rocket turret related stuff from Space Age, but without Space Age active.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Access installed mods without enabling them

Post by Qon »

That sounds very unlikely to happen. Why don't you ask for Space Age asset files to be a separate mod that Space Age depends on, like SE mod has the SE graphical asset mods? Then you could depend on that mod and not introduce a very confusing "disabled dependency". Or ask for Rocket Turrets to be a separate mod, just like rail bridges.
My mods: Capsule Ammo | HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting | ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines
Some other creations: Combinassembly Language GitHub w instructions and link to run it in your browser | 0~drain Laser

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Access installed mods without enabling them

Post by Illiander42 »

Qon wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:21 pm
That sounds very unlikely to happen. Why don't you ask for Space Age asset files to be a separate mod that Space Age depends on, like SE mod has the SE graphical asset mods? Then you could depend on that mod and not introduce a very confusing "disabled dependency". Or ask for Rocket Turrets to be a separate mod, just like rail bridges.
Those would also work in this specific case.

The general case of "I want to write a mod that depends on expansion stuff without forcing the expansion mod" is still there, but with three "asset pack" mods alongside the three real mods that would mostly work.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”