Better Command of the Robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DaHunter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Better Command of the Robots

Post by DaHunter »

The robots currently in factorio are pretty basic in terms of what they can do, wouldn't it be nice if they could do more complex tasks.

What I am suggesting for the robots to be able to do is to do more tasks such as Pick up items on the ground, Give the player the ability to order items and the robots prioritize the player over requester chests, the abbility for robots to upgrade mass amounts of belts, splliters, turrets, walls (if you add upgraded versions of walls), assembly machines and any other building that has an upgraded form and become obsolete. Although these are only a few changes and improvents to the game they could add so much functionality to the robots.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Better Command of the Robots

Post by Nova »

Robots can already pick up Items and deliver items to the player. Use the red "blue"-print on an item on the ground for the first thing and use the player logistic inventory (you have to research it, after that it's in the player inventory).
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

DaHunter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DaHunter »

I think you are mistaken for the first thing i mean items not placed but laying there so like if you destroy a bunch of converyers some items will be laying on the ground and instead of running around holding F get robots to do it and for order items feature is the ability to tell the robots this one time I want these items not keep them stocked and for them in that instant to prioritize bringing you the items so instead of the current round about like giving you those items you ordered are the priority.

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

DaHunter wrote:I think you are mistaken for the first thing i mean items not placed but laying there so like if you destroy a bunch of converyers some items will be laying on the ground and instead of running around holding F get robots to do it
They do that in the experimental version of the game (which will become the normal version when they're sure it works properly).

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Would it be possible that you add a few commas and dots to your future texts? It's pretty hard to read what you write. :)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See this suggestions, I marked the words https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ound#p6717
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”