A VERY noobish question

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Elick320
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

A VERY noobish question

Post by Elick320 »

How do I add ores to pre-existing worlds, I'm trying to generate fluoride and uranite from UraniumPower

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: A VERY noobish question

Post by n9103 »

Load a map in the map editor and save as scenario.
If you mean an in-progress map, then the only way to do so without some extensive cheating would be to reveal new chunks, maybe.

Adding and removing ore deposits from maps is one of the less mod-friendly moddable aspects.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Elick320
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elick320 »

n9103 wrote:Load a map in the map editor and save as scenario.
If you mean an in-progress map, then the only way to do so without some extensive cheating would be to reveal new chunks, maybe.

Adding and removing ore deposits from maps is one of the less mod-friendly moddable aspects.
Ill make sure to try that

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

n9103 wrote:Load a map in the map editor and save as scenario.

Wrong, you can regenerate deposits of any ore with a single console command. In case of uraninite and fluorite from UraniumPower, it would be these:

Code: Select all

/c game.regenerateentity("uraninite")
/c game.regenerateentity("fluorite")

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Fair enough, that will generate resources on a map generated without.
I can tell you that generating in that fashion uses pure vanilla world generation though.
RSO, Straight World, and others are completely ignored.
I couldn't tell you what else it affects, as that's enough reason to avoid it in my book.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Modding help”