[1.1.101][Linux] --load-scenario sets height and width to 50

Gweneph
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.101][Linux] --load-scenario sets height and width to 50

Post by Gweneph »

starting the game with:
`--load-scenario base/freeplay`
Starts up a game where the map is restricted to 50 by 50.
If you quit and then go to the new game menu, on the map gen settings menu the height and width fields under advanced are both set to 50. Attempting to override these 50 values with --map-gen-settings does not work, though other values in the same file do seem to work.
smol world
smol world
Screenshot from 2024-01-15 18-18-46.png (2.12 MiB) Viewed 733 times
The issue also exists with base/pvp, but not with base/supply (maybe the supply scenario set's those values?)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101][Linux] --load-scenario sets height and width to 50

Post by Rseding91 »

Looking into this, it looks like when this option was added it was intended for use with scenarios that have pre-generated maps. It never accounted for scenarios that would generate fresh maps. So I'm not sure what the intent is here.

"load scenario" is a bit off name wise since it's actually "create new game from scenario" where the scenario may want map gen settings or may have a pre-generated map.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

cliff_build
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cliff_build »

I just wanted to report that I have run in to this as well. I am a developer for the biter battles scenario, and it is slightly difficult/annoying for me to test it. Specifically, I wish that there was something that behaved the same as --start-server-load-scenario, but loaded the game with a GUI (i.e. in singleplayer is one option). At first glance, it seems like --load-scenario would do this, but due to this (very surprising) behavior about map size, it does not.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. I fixed this for 2.0 by making --load-scenario not force map generator size to 50x50.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”