Common Issue [Water Travel]

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cronos_Cross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Common Issue [Water Travel]

Post by Cronos_Cross »

I, like many others may have had issues with large bodies of water blocking us from reaching certain points, if there could be an item that would allow the player to build platforms on the edge of land to create "bridges" or extendable building area. For example, I want to connect two bases by train, I would much rather be able to build a bridge across a large river instead of having to take a detour around the river which would technically lower production speed.

This idea of mine would be similar to docks but can be expanded and connected to each other, this idea would also allow for crude oil to be in water sources and could make actual oil rigs in water, or you could build a bridge that allows a train to pass over it to reach another destination.

These items could be built by using common materials such as steel, iron, and perhaps even copper materials. And this could also allow implementation of ships and boats to the game like there are tanks and cars implemented.

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Common Issue [Water Travel]

Post by Night_Ange1 »

Please read the frequently suggested posting here. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=4806
and do a simple search before posting.
Gather your thoughts first. Simply suggesting water transport has been done... extensively

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Common Issue [Water Travel]

Post by ssilk »

I wouldn't say it is mentioned before, no, this idea is new. But the differences (docks) are minimal.

But I deleted the vote, cause suggestions are not democratic by definition. :) A vote here makes sense if the forum decides to ask "this suggestion OR the other?'
Or very special questions. No suggestions.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”