[1.1.101] Burner filter inserters cannot pick up fuel not in whitelist

protocol_1903
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.101] Burner filter inserters cannot pick up fuel not in whitelist

Post by protocol_1903 »

Problem

Inserters that have a burner energy source and have filters that prevent them from picking up fuel even though the inserter arm paths towards applicable fuel sources.

I've been developing a mod that turns every entity into a burner variant. Inserters were the first target, as they required the most energy consumption balancing changes. I had not considered this problem, but after some discussion relating to FFF-393 and the removal of dedicated filter inserters, which led to discussions about burner filter inserters, the question arose of what the logic would be for them. In the current game engine, burner filter inserters ignore fuel while they have enough, but once the level gets low enough and it starts to search for fuel, it will only pick up fuel that is allowed by the filters on the inserter.

Expectation

Burner inserters, regardless of if they have filters or what the filters are, would pick up fuel to fuel the inserter.

Appendix

There are no similar bugs filtering for "inserter" "burner" and "filter"
If not for FFF-393, this would have shown up sooner or later.
I would have attached a short clip but the file size was too large for a terrible quality gif.
If you need to reach me, message me on discord.

I make qol mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
If you have a mod idea, I can look into it.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] Burner filter inserters cannot pick up fuel not in whitelist

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 2.0. Since you did not provide any save files i had to perform manual testing only to find out that the faulty case is when taking fuel from belt because when taking fuel from container it is working fine.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”