When can we expect 2.0?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kingwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

When can we expect 2.0?

Post by kingwolf »

I was trying to see if this has been asked or not but i couldnt seem to find anything, or if there was something its way far down. But yea when can we expect 2.0? a rough idea at least!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: When can we expect 2.0?

Post by mmmPI »

My bet is this year or maybe next year :mrgreen:

It has been asked , but never answered with precise deadline to my knowledge, more like "not this year", but this was last year ... ^^

BaggyK
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BaggyK »

In Friday Facts #373, they said "Since we know where we are and what is the goal, we can start to approximate the date of releasing the expansion, which is planned to be about one year from now.", which will be around August 2024.

And they have said that version 2.0 will be released at the same time as the DLC, but I cannot currently find where they said that.

kingwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kingwolf »

Baggy i love you, any sort of general idea of a date is great, id dint even know there will be DLC, ill have to buy, honestly, id pay for 2.0 with how much fun ive gotten out of 1.0 and previous ngl.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

BaggyK wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:36 pm
In Friday Facts #373, they said "Since we know where we are and what is the goal, we can start to approximate the date of releasing the expansion, which is planned to be about one year from now.", which will be around August 2024.

And they have said that version 2.0 will be released at the same time as the DLC, but I cannot currently find where they said that.
The 2.0 update will be required for many of the features of the Expansion, so it can't come after. ;)
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

CureSafaia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CureSafaia »

I would like so much if they released a 2.0 early access earlier even if it does not yet contain the DLC content. They showed so much QOL that I am having a hard time playing the game right now.
This game is awesome

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

+1 for an early access for the base game V 2.0 even if I don't beleave that Wube will do it. I would also like to play the qol features presented today rather than tomorrow.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

picklock wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:54 pm
+1 for an early access for the base game V 2.0 even if I don't beleave that Wube will do it. I would also like to play the qol features presented today rather than tomorrow.
no one wants to miss the early access so it would just be an earlier release date

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

SirSmuggler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SirSmuggler »

I'd rather wait until then expansion is finished. There are plenty of other games to play while I wait and I'm kind of feed up with every game now adays being in "Early access" untill no one cars to play it any more. Games should be released when they are done, not before. :geek:

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

SirSmuggler wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:02 am
I'd rather wait until then expansion is finished. There are plenty of other games to play while I wait and I'm kind of feed up with every game now adays being in "Early access" untill no one cars to play it any more. Games should be released when they are done, not before. :geek:
At this point as they've been holding it secret for so long and are so close to being done, I agree, but for different reasons. My reasoning/thoughts are that if they try doing EA now, it's going to push out the final version release date. Wube does, at least, have a proven track record of being able to go from EA to release and being able to make valuable use of player input along the way.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “General discussion”