Version 0.11.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.7

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

Nova wrote:Please don't post pictures of bugs which are only reconizable in a moving manner. All this pictures of your belts are useless, because you can't see any mistake.

I can see the bug just fine, he circled it in a thick red circle. And the other one gave a description of his problem which took me just a few seconds to spot.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

The description would be fully sufficient. You can't distinguish if something is just a stationary picture of a moving thing, or a stationary picture of a stationary thing. (And the pictures are absurdly big...)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well this release was quite a disaster, mainly because we had to make quite big changes. The multiplayer save crash is fixed and the other problems are in the process of fixing, so we might have 0.11.8 after the weekend.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

If you pause the game prior to saving during a multiplayer game, then you will not crash. This behavior seems pretty consistent on my end.

Also,

New inserter behavior?

0.11.6-inserter behavior.jpg
0.11.6-inserter behavior.jpg (791.69 KiB) Viewed 7634 times
0.11.7-inserter behavior.jpg
0.11.7-inserter behavior.jpg (822.85 KiB) Viewed 7634 times
No mention of this in patch note. Is this a bug or a feature?
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, this is side effect (among many others) of using fixed point 4 byte numbers (with 1 byte for sub tile part) for position coordinates in the game instead of the 8 byte doubles.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

kovarex wrote:Well, this is side effect (among many others) of using fixed point 4 byte numbers (with 1 byte for sub tile part) for position coordinates in the game instead of the 8 byte doubles.
So this is now a feature. The wiki will need to be updated =)

Edit: I forgot to add, inserters are now removing items from the far side of the belt instead of closer side.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

TylerB
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TylerB »

kovarex wrote:Well, this is side effect (among many others) of using fixed point 4 byte numbers (with 1 byte for sub tile part) for position coordinates in the game instead of the 8 byte doubles.
Wow, I know this won't affect a lot of people very much but in my compact factory, this side effect completely borks my whole design. Is this a bug or will I have to completely rethink my design? Inserter behavior made sense before but this arbitrary change in behavior makes no sense and will be harder to understand. Still using 0.11.6 because of all the game breaking bugs.

Couchmonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Couchmonster »

You are not alone :)

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

From my point of view, the behavior now is much more consistent. Items will always go upper left, when placed in the middle of a belt. This is much more rememberable. But I feel you, man. This sucks, if you have to rebuild so much =/
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Chronosfear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chronosfear »

Hi,

current versions map editor crashes after trying to "move"
I´m able to replicate it anytime.

Tried 2 things.
1. moving Instantly after "creating" a map crashes the game when one of the move buttons hit ( w a s d )
2. when waiting a while ( about a min ) i could move around a little bit , though not very far ( just tried to circle the starting area ) and it crashed again.

changing anything without moving seems to work without crashing the game.
I don't know if anybody can confirm this or if it is already reported.

I'm running the win64 installer version , 1. with auto update , 2. clean install . ( makes no difference )
The log doesn't show anything .. or I'm looking into the wrong one ( factorio-current / factorio-previous )

Chronosfear

Return to “Releases”