RSO Extra large starting area option

Replaces resource spawning system, so that the distances between resources are much bigger. Railway is needed then.

Moderators: orzelek, Dark

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

RSO Extra large starting area option

Post by emp_zealoth »

Was it removed? Am I being blind? I could have sworn there was an option to multiply the size of starting area again (I did play on max on both vanilla generation and RSO multiplier). It seems some of the other starting area related options were removed too?
I play omega scuffed Bob's/Angels marathons and now I literally was unable to create a starting area that would have enough resources to let me reach trains (since early on you need both huge size of the patches as well as millions of each of ore types).

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Re: RSO Extra large starting area option

Post by emp_zealoth »

Am I missing something?
I no longer see any option to go for the crazy starting area size

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Can you be a bit clearer on "starting area size"? Technically, this is the region around you that biters will not spawn in. RSO takes this a step further and makes it so resources other than the starting resources will not spawn in this region, either. The vanilla starting area slider still affects this (and RSO actually squares the effect).

If you're meaning starting resource patch size (separately from the general resource patch size), I don't believe this has been an option for a long time.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Starting area size is now taken from map settings. There is a resource multiplier for starting resources that you have changed already. You can increase that multiplier to get more of those.
I'm not sure what extra large starting area would be - I can see that there was an additional multiplier to size of starting area in config file but I'm not sure if it's still used. And it wouldn't give you more resources in starting area just make it even larger.

There was a talk in one of threads about making starting area affect ores and biters separately so it might be added at some point. For now you have both ores and biters further away except starting area ores.

Return to “Resource Spawner Overhaul”