Friday Facts #372 - 2022 recap

Regular reports on Factorio development.
liron_aramas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #372 - 2022 recap

Post by liron_aramas »

Guys, you will update the assembly machine models, as you built earlier, so that each level of the assembly machine would have a unique sprite, and not just a box, without a door into which the manipulator loads items. Do you also plan to add large storage bins like in mods. It's an obvious thing, I don't understand why it's not in the original game.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

liron_aramas wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:38 pm
Do you also plan to add large storage bins like in mods. It's an obvious thing, I don't understand why it's not in the original game.
Because the large storage bins cause ups loss. There's threads on the subject....
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

liron_aramas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by liron_aramas »

guys, they ask for everyone, when will you give us news on the DLC, a lot of time has already passed, at least for something, maybe at least for Easter. Oh please!)))

pointa2b
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by pointa2b »

Any little sneak preview would be awesome! I don't care how small or trivial, just something to keep us going for another few months! 8-)

LiveinGod
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LiveinGod »

I would like to know how long after the release of the expansion pack the expansion for the switch will come. I play crossover with my friend. I hope it doesn't take that long. :D

Good luck and god bless you developers from a German switch player. :arrow:

Eternal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Eternal »

lacika2000 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:14 pm
Please, dear developers, we desperately need a 2023 first quarter recap... the silence is deafening!!
even if is a tunned version of an unspecified mod made by Earendel :D ... noone will steal your ideas anymore... satisfactory , DSP... is done, just give us , like u always did, some alfa :D we will buy the DLC anyway , thats just silly...

jelinekp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jelinekp »

lacika2000 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:14 pm
Please, dear developers, we desperately need a 2023 first quarter recap... the silence is deafening!!
Same here, coming to the factorio website every week to check for any updates!! Please just let us now that you're alive :D

Partyzant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Partyzant »

on the FB group I found a post that 2 players moved factorio to ue5.. I think it's worth contacting them and hiring them https://youtu.be/01qux-5Qx_Y

Abarel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Abarel »

Partyzant wrote: ↑
Tue May 16, 2023 6:13 am
on the FB group I found a post that 2 players moved factorio to ue5.. I think it's worth contacting them and hiring them https://youtu.be/01qux-5Qx_Y
Fue5Base FAQ wrote:Is there any gameplay?
No. All you can do is to fly around your base and toy around with existing assets [...]
It seems that there is no game but a way to 3D watch an exported factorio base.

Anyway, there is a lot of hardwork done, and the video looks amazing.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Eternal wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:59 pm
noone will steal your ideas anymore...
The issue isn't "idea stealing". The primary cited reason that I'm aware of is they don't want to build hype for a feature that they then cut for other reasons. The other is that, believe it or not, writing the FFFs actually take a lot of time. Time that they could be spending working on development.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see some more updates, too, even if just quarterly, but I don't think (and I'm meaning this more generally than you specifically) folks constantly posting in here pestering, threatening, crying, etc, for information is really to going to help matters any. :D
jelinekp wrote: ↑
Mon May 15, 2023 7:56 am
Please just let us now that you're alive :D
Have you checked out other sections of the forums recently? They're still replying to things in Ideas & Suggestions as well as the Bug section, marking things as fixed, asking for more information, marking other things as fixed for 1.2, etc. There have even been a couple names in recent times that have gone from the normal forum user orange to developer purple. Also, as I understand it, a large portion of the community has moved to Discord. It's possible the devs post more in there (I haven't joined Discord for Factorio, yet, as personally I prefer forum format over jumbled chat channels, so I don't actually know the devs' activity levels there).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Eternal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Eternal »

yes yes, im same with discord vs forums...

yeah, ill wait, bored of D4 already ... is an embarasing game for this age...

so lets pend for something new in Factorio.

p.s. dear devs, im sorry if i been a pest, i aint gonna change soon and im over 40 ... pls post something :D

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Been so long since this was teased. I started examining the pic to find clues..

So the blue object to me is the most interesting. We can say 2 things for sure. It connects to the circuit network and is electrical in nature.

You can clearly see the circuit network interface with the red and green wires, but looking closer, there is 3 holes on that box. Red, green, and ?? The bows and objects are red green blue, so just maybe there will be a 3rd blue signal and they removed the obvious blue wire from the blue object. Since this object connects to the circuit network, that rules out the equipment grid. The bottom of the unit is circular, but it would not spin due to the circuit network wires.

The 3 separated bars on the top suggests transmission. So, perhaps energy transmission, effect transmission amplifier, etc.

The color scheme is blue and white. There are a few blue grey items like express belts. No other blue white item so nothing really fits here.

The only other objects with visible electric sparks are accumulators and power switches. This item has no copper wire terminal, so it is not a power switch. It could very well be an electric generator of sorts.

What of the circular item in the middle on what looks like a spinning rod? The rod is going down, so perhaps water generator, but there is no naturally running water..

There are already plenty of electric generating sources, so another one would not be very exciting.

My best guess is an effect transmission device or amplifier.

The red object is clearly a smelter. It has visible pipes. We already have 2 solid fuel smelters and an electric smelter. A 3rd liquid fuel smelter would not be very exciting, but a smelter for more complicated alloys would be cool.

My best guess is a smelter for a new type of metal.

The green object doesn't give you a lot to go on.. It is too bulky at the bottom to be a helmet. It doesn't look much like an underwater craft. It looks more like a gas processing unit.

My best guess is a biofuel or diesel refinery due to the green color.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

1WheelDude wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:27 pm
What is your opinion of these people who put together personal/useless mod packs on the portal? Do you think they pollute the mod portal?
My opinion is that there should be an option to password hide such uploads, because it is far easier to sync custom, personal mods for multiplayer instead of the old manual file transfer method.

But a way to label them so they can be filtered out would be nice.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to β€œNews”