[1.1.77] Desync

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Raphtalia935
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.77] Desync

Post by Raphtalia935 »

2 players were on the server, i joined and then things started to desync for everyone, anyone who tries to join the server after will get desynced, at first we thought restarting the server fixed it, but when one player joined the desync happened, they have tried reinstalling the game and the problem persists
Attachments
desync-report-2023-03-18_14-10-57.zip
after the player reinstalled
(63.33 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
desync-report-2023-03-18_13-11-03.zip
before the player reinstalled
(63.93 MiB) Downloaded 62 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.77] Desync

Post by boskid »

I have no idea how to proceed with this, there are 2 completly separate desyncs visible there, one is related to fluidbox min_temperature and max_temperature where there is a floating point number desync in at least 2 separate fluid systems, server had -3.4e+38 while client had -inf suggesting some issue with floating point math, there are also some differences about fluid speed values where server would store -0 while a client had +0, also floating point math error. I do not think those would trigger a desync on its own.
There is also a second difference related to "WGTaP" character's personal roboports as there is a construction robot range difference on a least significant bit of a float causing server to see radius of 21.213205 while the client saw a radius of 21.213203. This is definitely able to trigger a desync as characters are part of heuristc crc checks.

I would really like to know if you can reproduce this issue because other than that it looks like the server had some cpu brain fart causing various floating point errors.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”