Trouble with robots

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Johnqo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Trouble with robots

Post by Johnqo »

Hello,
I have construction bots and i have all the required materials in red boxes but when I ghost build something i get an error that their is a missing entity.
I have no clue how to get these robots to build.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trouble with robots

Post by SoShootMe »

Johnqo wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:12 am
I have construction bots and i have all the required materials in red boxes but when I ghost build something i get an error that their is a missing entity.
If you are using (static) roboports: ensure that the logistic chests are in logistic range of a roboport (if they aren't, they will show a flashing warning icon) and that the roboport(s) the ghost(s) are in construction range of are part of the same logistic network as the logistic chests containing the item(s) (check the connections between roboports shown when you hover over a roboport).

If you are using a personal roboport: the items must be in your inventory, not logistic chests.

I'm unsure whether or not a ghost in range of both roboport and personal roboport construction areas may trigger a "missing material for construction" warning alert if the item is available to the roboports but not in your inventory, but you can turn off your personal roboport temporarily (Alt+R by default to toggle) to eliminate this.

If you still can't resolve the issue taking the above into account, explain in more detail (ideally including screenshots). Also uploading a save file would be especially helpful.

Return to “Gameplay Help”