Oil Production data not reliable?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Brigo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Oil Production data not reliable?

Post by Brigo »

Hello there.
I have sunk more than 1800h in this amazing game and just now i noticed that the oil production has no sense. The production tab said I have produced 2.9M oil and consumed 2M and i was producing oil 24k/m, consuming 19k/m, but in reality the oil production wasn't enough. It only happens with the oil, in the rest of the liquids production matches consumption.
I am wondering if it's related to the speed modules i have added to the pump jacks.

I hope someone can shade light in this puzzling matter. Thanks in advance :-)

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Oil Production data not reliable?

Post by SoShootMe »

Brigo wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:11 am
The production tab said I have produced 2.9M oil and consumed 2M and i was producing oil 24k/m, consuming 19k/m, but in reality the oil production wasn't enough.
These figures don't seem right if they came from the same period in the production statistics...

Higher production than consumption at the same time as insufficient supply to consumers can be explained by a combination of storage (in pipes and storage tanks) and insufficient flow: the amount stored increased over the period, but the flow from storage limited the amount able to be used.

Another possibility is deletion of produced oil, by deconstruction/destruction of pipes and/or storage tanks or using the "Flush" button.

Brigo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Oil Production data not reliable?

Post by Brigo »

Thanks for the answer. You are right about the depots. I totally oversight the tanks in the train stations. i Have 5 stations with 8 depot each so 1M there.
About the production/consumption issue i just add another oil outpots so now a have oil to spare. I'll wait until i see the problem again so i can post an actual scenario with actual data.

Return to “Gameplay Help”