changing config params

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ohkanada
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

changing config params

Post by ohkanada »

Hi, I already had a decent size train network when I decided to try to add LTN. I have it working but having some issues due to timeouts that is causing all sorts of problems. While I resolve those issues I was hoping to be able to disable some of the timeouts, or increasing the timeouts.

I see there are some Startup, Map and Per player config settings. From what I have tried, you can't change any of the Map config settings once you have already created your map. Since I added LTN a long time after the map, I never got a chance to change them.

I was hoping to change Stop timeout to 0 (from 120), and to increase Delivery timeout (from 600) to a much bigger number. So anyone way to do this other than starting a new game (which does work)?

At some point I would also want to change the Message Level which is set to Notifications by default.

Thanks for the great mod!

Ken

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: changing config params

Post by torne »

ohkanada wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:19 pm
I see there are some Startup, Map and Per player config settings. From what I have tried, you can't change any of the Map config settings once you have already created your map. Since I added LTN a long time after the map, I never got a chance to change them.
It sounds like you're trying to change the settings before loading your save. The map/player settings are saved in individual saves, as you suspect - the settings from the main menu are just the defaults when starting a new game or loading a save that didn't previously have that mod installed.

All you need to do is load your save first and then edit the settings from the menu in-game; that will update the settings being used by that game.

ohkanada
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ohkanada »

Thanks. I am sure i did it that way and it still didn't work. But it works now. Thanks a lot!

Upuaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Upuaut »

Hello,
Sorry for bringing up this old topic again. But I have the exact same issue as the original poster.
I have a running game with LTN and want to change the Stop timeout to 0 (from 120) and the Delivery timeout to 36000 (from 600).
It seems to me that this can´t be changed at a running game as it switches always back to the default values. Meaning it works only for me when starting a complete new game. Is there really no way to change this with my existing save file?
Thank you very much for any help.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Load the save first, and then change the settings.

Upuaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Upuaut »

DaleStan wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:41 am
Load the save first, and then change the settings.
Hello DaleStan
But that´s exactly what I do.

1. starting Factorio
2. loading save file
3. changing the values in settings\mod settings\
4. confirm

When I go back into the settings the values are again the default values.
And it´s only with these two settings Stop timeout and Deliver timeout. I can change other settings without issues.

Upuaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Upuaut »

Ok after some further testing and trying I come to the conclusion that it´s not possible to change these two values for a running save file. It can only be changed before a fresh new start.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

If the ui doesn't update it's a Factorio bug.

Delivery timeout is applied instantly to existing deliveries.
Stop timeout is only applied to newly created deliveries.
Both work as intended.

Upuaut
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Upuaut »

It´s not an update issue with the UI indication in the settings. After changing the settings the trains still have the default times in their delivery plan. I gave up trying and started over - now it works hopefully (don´t have trains yet) as it keeps the settings as I set them in the settings options. It´s not too bad, I have just to keep in mind that these two settings can only be changed at game setup.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Upuaut wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:59 am
After changing the settings the trains still have the default times in their delivery plan.
Did you wait for each train to return to the Depot and get a new delivery like Optera said? It should have taken effect eventually.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”