Error Factorio Help pls

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
pipgoTV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Error Factorio Help pls

Post by pipgoTV »

I have a problem with factorio when I want to import a string I get an error: Failed to import string: Decompression failed: input it invalid or incomplete. What should I do? Nothing helps!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Error Factorio Help pls

Post by mmmPI »

you could post the blueprint here, if you use the [ b p ]thisiswheretopastetheblueprint[ / b p ] without the spacing inside the brackets it will format it, it is possible that the blueprint is missing characters making it invalid, or comes from a old enough version of the game that is not recognized in the new one.

If someone else can import it though, it would rule out some of those causes.

Have you tried with other very simple blueprints ?

I've heard some web browser can modify a blueprint sometimes when using automatic translations or similar that "detect" something inside the blueprint string.

pipgoTV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pipgoTV »

I tried with other blueprints and even with my own which I created, nothing works

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://wiki.factorio.com/Blueprint#Imp ... blueprints

Maybe this could help ?

Are you using mods ?

the error message you describe i know happens when character are missing in the blueprint but maybe it has other causes.

pipgoTV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pipgoTV »

Vanilla game without mods

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

pipgoTV wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:54 am
Vanilla game without mods
I have not much ideas for other quick question to help you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638

This topic indicate how to fill a bug report, although i know you are asking in the section gameplay help, if following the steps detailed in the wiki to import a blueprint still yield an error message, maybe it is a bug and as such, the savefile and log file could help to diagnose.

Maybe you can find on a search engine some videos of people importing a blueprint in your langage, there may be a step you are missing and seeing it on video may help identify it ?

I encourage you to describe more precisely what actions you are doing when you import a blueprint, namely where do you click with which button, do you use the keyboard ? this may also help identify if something is not right either in the order of actions you take, or the result you receive from them.

pipgoTV
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pipgoTV »

Turning on the antivirus helped

Return to “Gameplay Help”