[1.1.69] LuaLogisticNetwork.insert() sometimes fails to insert (everything) even though there is room

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Quezler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.69] LuaLogisticNetwork.insert() sometimes fails to insert (everything) even though there is room

Post by Quezler »

What did you do?

- attempted to use Klonan's Repair Turret mod

What happened?

- items were spilling onto the ground despite the logistic system still having room

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

- for the items not to spill, and instead end up in the network's storage chests

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.

1) place down two logistic storage chests
2) put 50 transport belts in the first slot of one of them, then grab the bar and limit that chest to one slot
3) ensure they have roboport coverage, and then trigger LuaLogisticNetwork.insert({name="transport-belt", count=100}) for the network they're in
4) notice how only 50 was inserted into the chest that already contained 50, and how the insert method returned 50 and not filled the other chest

alternative step 3:
- place a repair turret
- place a container with a 100 transport belts
- order deconstruction of that chest (since internally the repair turret calls the very same method)
- the items it could not insert will have spilled onto the ground

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?

- during normal gameplay it can happen fairly regularly when the conditions are met ("receiving container still has room for more of that item, but the slot already contained some items and there are no further (partially) empty stacks it can insert to")

Be precise! When i click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not: When I close the game.

- i think this is detailed enough
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 20.00.55.png
Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 20.00.55.png (463.14 KiB) Viewed 1571 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69] LuaLogisticNetwork.insert() sometimes fails to insert (everything) even though there is room

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”