Artifacts in DirectX

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ShamHyper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Artifacts in DirectX

Post by ShamHyper »

Hello, I ran into a problem in the game on version 1.1.76. During the game (on Directx), the screen can split a black "artifact" for a fraction of a second. The problem goes away when OpenGL is enabled. I'm not going to play on OGL, because, as I understand it, there is no support for fullscreen windowed, and this is critical on my monitor (the reversal on the application is sooooooo long).

I have not entered the game since the spring of 2022, since that time nothing has changed in the configuration of my PC, the operating system has not changed, and so on. I tried to roll back to 1.0.0 - there is no problem on Directx.

Logs attached

PC: Image

Windows:

Windows 11 21H2 22000.1641
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1641.0
Attachments
config.ini
(30.78 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
factorio-previous.log
(15.09 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
factorio-perf-10159_20220527-174813_D3D11_i7-10700K@3.80~32GB~GTX1080~8079MB.csv
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
factorio-current.log
(14.49 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

ShamHyper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Artifacts in DirectX

Post by ShamHyper »

"Use the presentation model" (the name of the setting is translated through a translator, I do not know how it will be in English) - made these "black screen cuts" much rarer. Can you explain what this option does? What else could my problem be related to?

UPD, didn't say before. I turned off this option (which I mentioned above). But now the image has become "jerky" in addition to the black stripes..

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ShamHyper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShamHyper »

Okay, thanks, I read it. But how will this help in solving my problem? Do you have any ideas, or is this a bug on the part of the developers?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Either the software around rendering is corrupt (reinstall the operating system) or the hardware is broken (try a different GPU)

Sadly I don’t have any other advice or help. I have never been able to reproduce any graphical issues on any of my computers over the years.

ShamHyper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShamHyper »

Why should I reinstall drivers/OS/etc - if the problem is absent in older versions of factorio? I NEVER have any artifacts in other games

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Because other people are not having this problem on any version of the game. So the issue has to be an issue with your machine.

Older versions of the game use older versions of direct X.

Return to “Technical Help”