Things that are explained badly in the tutorial.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Things that are explained badly in the tutorial.

Post by tonberrytoby »

I am trying to give you a list of things, that are not made clear enough in the tutorial.
Some of this are things that confused me when I started, some of them are things that popped up when I tried to introduce the game to friend of mine.

So:
Research : It isn't really clear that you need a set of potion in each step. Initially I thought you need to put in all the potions before starting research. The whole matter also gets confusing because there is not exact research progress display. The bars are in percent.

Lanes : The fact that the lanes are truly separate and that lanes are preserved in most turns takes some time to figure out. Also how the inserter react to different lanes. Especially that inserter don't switch to the closer lane when outputting.
I don't mind finding out myself how useless lane separation is, or that a thing in the center lane will destroy your resource flow.

Right/shif/ctrl-click : Not really evident if you aren't a Minecraft veteran.

If you also think of something please post.

tonberrytoby
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Things that are explained badly in the tutorial.

Post by tonberrytoby »

One more thing

Smart Inserters. At least in the newest version you can notice in the interface that you are supposed to connect something. but you still probably need to use the wiki to find out even the basics of how that works.
And the wiki also doesn't explain correctly how you should hook up the stuff.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Things that are explained badly in the tutorial.

Post by ssilk »

I think there are much more of those things. For example the steam-engines/generators or the "left/right Belt" thingy.

I read a while ago some comment, that the tutorial should introduce every aspect of the game in one level. I'm with that.

Maybe I've the time to make a list of things, which should be introduced in an level.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”