[1.1.75] Crash

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.75] Crash

Post by lyvgbfh »

EnergyTransition wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am
I checked and XMP is disabled however when I tried Prime95 it crashes and goes straight to power off. I went into Event viewer and it appears to be Kernel-Power issue.
Well, that gives us a good start. Let's confirm it isn't a temperature issue, first. If you have HWMonitor (use the zip link) open while you run Prime95, you can watch the temperatures. How quickly is your system crashing?

EnergyTransition
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EnergyTransition »

I will do some tests with hardware monitor on to measure temps but it normally crashes about 7 minutes in.

EnergyTransition
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Okay it looks like we are onto something here I redid the Prime95 torture test with HWMonitor open and CPU temps went very high before the system powered down.
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.12.36 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.12.36 am.png (652.84 KiB) Viewed 801 times

I have a NH-D15 chromax.black CPU cooler and in my humble opionion very good air-cooled case a Torrent Compact with all the extra fan slots populated. So I am not sure what to do now.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Maybe the thermal paste needs to be redone?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

First step would be to dust it, then worry about thermal paste if that doesn't take care of it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

True, sorry, I forget the basics sometimes when I'm not looking at it. :P

Yeah, make sure your fans don't look like this poor sucker from a laptop I worked on a while back that had overheating issues....
:o :shock: :? :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

EnergyTransition
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

just an update I just replaced by graphics card (1070 to 7900 xtx) and that has resolved the issue. I no longer get this crash.

Return to “Technical Help”