Looking for a ore patch spawner mod

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
JareX
Inserter
Inserter

Looking for a ore patch spawner mod

Post by JareX »

I need a mod that can do the following:

- Let me easily spawn a square shaped resource patch
- Let me erase a resource patch
- (Optional): At world gen, it doesn't generate any resource patches

Another idea would be:

Lets you craft a miner that already has a resource patch beneath it, one for each type.

I could not find something like this in the portal.

Thanks!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Looking for a ore patch spawner mod

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I’m not aware of a mod, but if you type /editor in the console (for some game modes you may need to do it twice as an achievement disabling protection), it’ll give you tools to use that you can do exactly that with.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

JareX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JareX »

Yes, its possible to do it via console, but doing it several times is annoying and slow, also very hard and innacuarate to delete already placed patches, so I'm looking for a mod that does this with a friendly interface.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

That's what /editor is....
Attachments
Editor - Resources tab.png
Editor - Resources tab.png (151.73 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

JareX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JareX »

Yeah, but that doesnt allow me to put ore patches on the fly while playing.

The closest thing that does what I want is creative mode, but not exactly.

So, I guess I will have to stick with it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

JareX wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:35 am
I’m not exactly sure why you think that, but whatever.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:08 am
JareX wrote:
I kinda see his point, if you want to place a miner, you take it from the quickbar and place it. Perhaps he wishes for the miner to be with the ore already under it, so the editor would be 5 extra steps each time he wants to do that.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

aka13 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:10 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:08 am
JareX wrote:
I kinda see his point, if you want to place a miner, you take it from the quickbar and place it. Perhaps he wishes for the miner to be with the ore already under it, so the editor would be 5 extra steps each time he wants to do that.
I can understand that. The point I don't understand is that, in the absence of a mod that will do that, why is /editor not suitable? I forgot about the Creative Mode mod that they mentioned, but it, too, requires opening a bunch of sub-menus to get those tools (and from my personal experience, doesn't always seem to register the resource selections on first, second, or even third go). Personally, I don't see the difference between the two other than Creative Mode having additional features and capabilities above and beyond /editor, but the nature of the request didn't seem to hit on any of those.

Despreseriale
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Despreseriale »

You don't even need a mod for that.

Save your game, load it with the map editor, do whatever you want with ore patches (adding/removing/increasing/decreasing), save and load it normally to continue playing.

SImilarly, you can disable anything from world gen when you are on the screen right before generating the map by unchecking the resource(s).

If you don't already have a map, you can save a bit of time by creating it with the map editor (it works the same way as when creating a normal map).

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Despreseriale wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:06 pm
You don't even need a mod for that.

Save your game, load it with the map editor, do whatever you want with ore patches (adding/removing/increasing/decreasing), save and load it normally to continue playing.

SImilarly, you can disable anything from world gen when you are on the screen right before generating the map by unchecking the resource(s).

If you don't already have a map, you can save a bit of time by creating it with the map editor (it works the same way as when creating a normal map).
Yeah, this is what /editor is (same functionality) without the need of leaving the current running game, which the OP already expressed was still not what they were looking for.

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Brathahn »

just use the creative mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/creative-mod

it gives you a magic wand to spawn recources, enemies, terrain and all the other things. you can also delete stuff with it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Brathahn wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:56 pm
just use the creative mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/creative-mod

it gives you a magic wand to spawn recources, enemies, terrain and all the other things. you can also delete stuff with it.
You mean the one they already mentioned?
JareX wrote:
The closest thing that does what I want is creative mode, but not exactly.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”