Some kind of vote for suggestions?

Discussions related to the forums itself. Call for moderators. Trash Posts area.
DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Some kind of vote for suggestions?

Post by DarkShadow44 »

When seeing the subforums
  • Ideas and Requests For Mods
  • Modding interface requests
  • Ideas and Suggestions
  • Balancing
I can't help but feel that a vote feature would be useful.
Like, so people can vote for what they think would be most useful. Sure, you could reply, but that arguably adds quite a bit noise. And after a while inactive threads still sink down, like always in a forum.
A simple "agree/disagree/neutral" vote would be interesting to see what changes the community would like to see.

Of course that doesn't mean the devs would have to (or even should!) implement that, but nevertheless it would be nice to order the forums by most requested and maybe get ideas for mods or such...

Not sure if that's even possible with that forum though, but I think it would be cool. 8-)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Some kind of vote for suggestions?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

+1 :)

Of the places I've seen use this type of forums, I can't say I've seen a vote feature ever used (that wasn't a poll added by the thread author), and I've seen the mods around here actually strip the polls off when someone does add it, so I'm not holding my breath on this, but I would agree that this would be nice to have.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I guess it's not that easy with a forum, and would need another tool...
There's quite a bunch of good ideas out there that might get lost, although I don't know how many the devs will implement in the first place. I'd love to have the community favorites added though, especially those that are no modable.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:58 pm
I guess it's not that easy with a forum, and would need another tool...
It's certainly possible with a forum. If you check out the forums for the game Avorion (https://forum.avorion.net/), they are using a built-in voting feature in their suggestions subforum. However, they are using a different forum provider/system than Factorio.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Huh, interesting. Not sure how easy something like that would be to integrate though, but it looks useful.

coppercoil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by coppercoil »

I think every post should have a button "+1" ̶o̶r̶ ̶"̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶"̶. That's simple and universal.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

I prefer a Thumbs Up button.

Return to “This Forum”