[0.11.6] tno Modpack V2.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.5

Post by Kadaban »

I'm using Factorio 0.11.5 and tno modpack version 2.5 (downloaded right from the dropbox link).
Once I start a new game or even load one of the older saves I have and then just press space to shoot something you instantly kill yourself and lose the game.
No enemy needed nearby, just start a new game with the modpack installed press space and boom - instant death.
To top that off:

Code: Select all

You have been defeated...
Time played: 00:00:00

Kills:
player: 1
I double checked my installation and did a clean reinstall and the problem persists.

EDIT: Why do I start with 20 packages of "7.62x39mm x 300rnd (AP)" ammunition?
There seems to be a general problem with ammunition. While I did start with exactly 1 regular magazine for the pistol (using it kills yourself as stated above), I'm unable to craft more or to find the research needed to build it.
Looks like you meant to replace the old pistols and rifles but didn't remove the starting one.

wolfnether
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.2

Post by wolfnether »

wolfnether wrote:Hi,

i have a probleme, i can't create lava for smelting tungsten

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.5

Post by tno1 »

Hmm I don't start with that 1 magazine Oo

And about the turrets + ammo then that is cause it takes a few hours to get some decent ammonition :p

And WolfNether sorry did not see that :/ sorry I will get it fixed :p

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.6

Post by oktabyte »

I guess something went wrong again... (v.2.6)
The dropbox link version doesn't contain the modpack base anymore, but all mods still require it, therefore the whole pack doesn't work...

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kadaban »

tno1 wrote:Hmm I don't start with that 1 magazine Oo

And about the turrets + ammo then that is cause it takes a few hours to get some decent ammonition :p [...]
You might want to test your modpacks with a clean install as I mentioned in my last post. It reliably reproduces the bug.
I can understand why you want to provide the player with some starting ammo, but not having the right gun for it kinda negates the benefits.

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

Kadaban wrote: I can understand why you want to provide the player with some starting ammo, but not having the right gun for it kinda negates the benefits.
They are meant for turrets, to survive the first few alien assaults, due to the fact that ammo production is quite some time inside the techtree and you will be slaughtered if you don't. It adds a strategic thing to the pack as you need to decide, where you want to place the starting turrets and also a time constrain until you get to the appropriate tech level, to reproduce them.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

ohh fuck thought I had added the info to all the other files also dangit, my mistake.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zulp3uxsfy9x4 ... 7.rar?dl=0

Fixed that error with info :/ sorry about that

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] tno Modpack V2.7

Post by Kadaban »

Did a clean reinstall of Factorio 0.11.5 and tno modpack v2.7.

The map generator settings for iron ore and the other things are back. I set them to none (besides rare earth and enemy bases of course).
The erratic pistol and magazine I used to be able to suicide with are gone.
The first 2 slots of the quickbar are empty though, looks a bit weird. Maybe slide the items over to the left? This is just a minor issue though.

I'll edit this post should I find more problems.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Yes the other ore generation is on the settings menu, that is cause I removed the modpack-base from the mod folder, but no worrys no matter what you set them 2, then there wont be any of those that spawns :p

Yeah that is cause I am removing the starter items, so I might just have to clear the inventory, and then re add it again xD

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kadaban »

tno, the burner inserter is disabled via your recipes.lua file but it's needed to build a (Treefarm) field.
As a workaround I replaced the requirement with a basic inserter.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

Ohh dangit did not know that :/ I might also just change the recipe to be a basic inserter instead of the burner one

Anathera
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anathera »

Something is missing from the modpack if you download the full version. Rare earth is not loading and neither is biters. So something went wrong with the resources.

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kadaban »

There are two stone gears available: one from dytech and one from replicators.
The replicators one takes 10 rare earth and is preferred when crafting replicators stuff. If you craft some of the dytech gears before that, those are used instead and only 1 stone for each gear is used.
This really makes the replicators gears overly expensive and useless. Care to take a look at that?

Another thing that bothers me:
Why do we need to waste HUGE amounts of rare earth to clean water?
The recipe I'm talking about takes 1000 dirty water and 150 (!) rare earth to produce 110 clean water. (And while we're at that topic: why is there more than one recipe for the same product where only the supplied resources differ?)
What's the reasoning behind this other than to make it annoying and illogical. Why would you dump rare earth into dirty water to "clean" it?
Seeing as rare earth isn't really that rare, especially when you start using the dytech miners which just rip that stuff out of the earth faster than you can handle, why rely so much on it?
There's also the landfill recipe that takes rare earth instead of regular stone.

Oh and another note about the recent update to Factorio 0.11.6:
Seems like the car-sheet.png graphic is missing from the base game files which is used in hardcorio and dytech. Simply copying the file from an old installation into the right folder will make the mods work again.
Haven't tested the car yet, though.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

@Kadaban
Alright disabled those rare earth to gears xD

Apparantly I forgot to put in my change to the rare earth cleaning of water.

And btw it is used cause it is ment as a high tech metal that is very clean and can clean stuff up/produce other minerals :p

I will update within next hour or so :p

dunpealhunter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dunpealhunter »

I noticed that when i start a new game and do some exploring to see the area, if i get attacked its pretty much game over. As soon as i attack back every biter in the area, even the ones that are very far out will come towards me and try to kill me. Yesterday for example i was attacked and killed by at least 50 different biters....

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

dunpealhunter wrote:I noticed that when i start a new game and do some exploring to see the area, if i get attacked its pretty much game over. As soon as i attack back every biter in the area, even the ones that are very far out will come towards me and try to kill me. Yesterday for example i was attacked and killed by at least 50 different biters....
thats hardcorio for you. my reason why i don't play the more updated versions of the pack.

finally managed to get a nice setup for dytech research... 1.5 though but still fun :D
You could make it easier with drones, but i don't like them, its much more fun this way :D
https://imgur.com/UTedKGk

drakie_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drakie_san »

Hi, there is Advanced body armor MK3 in tech research, but it's requiring (and allows) to research Advanced body armor MK3 (the same tech) so it's impossible to research it.
P.S.: Personal laser defense still needs old laser turret
P.P.S.: 5.56x45mm * 1000rnd (DU) requiring Liquid hydrogen, i has full tech tree but i can't see it,

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

I am going to update hardcorio to 0.3.5 later today so yeah xD

Thanks for the Personal laser problem did not know that nor notice it xD

Liquid Hydrogen you get from Clean water :p

drakie_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drakie_san »

tno1 wrote:I am going to update hardcorio to 0.3.5 later today so yeah xD

Thanks for the Personal laser problem did not know that nor notice it xD

Liquid Hydrogen you get from Clean water :p
Yea it's okey, i just turned off biters attack, and doing only tech tree, after i got everything i will make SUPER awesome baddas base with tanks, cars, turrets, just everything :D those biters are pretty tough. And another, i think lava making is looped, 600C lava needs 800C lava, that needs 1000C lava... etc.. look into it, you will see what i think. And i dont see some output for liquid hydrogen, no icon or something i clicked at every icon what i has but no Liquid Hydrogen
Last edited by drakie_san on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

@drakie_san

haha well it shouldn't be 2 easy right ;)

anyways I hope you are enjoying the modpack :p

Return to “Mods”