Export blueprint as image

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Export blueprint as image

Post by datarza »

It will be great, if export blueprint to image is implemented in game. And second, export book of blueprint to images (with inbound books in subfolders)

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Export blueprint as image

Post by vjbone »

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by datarza »

vjbone wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:42 pm
Like this? https://github.com/demodude4u/Factorio-FBSR
No, I am speaking about in game feature, not third-party source code java depends

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by datarza »

It looks like this feature almost implemented in game. In blueprint editor the image is already drawing. I want `a button` for save this image as a file.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

A cool little game I played recently (Compressure) has a neat way of letting you share puzzle solutions: you can click a button and it copies an image to your clipboard which you can paste into Discord and other places. The image also has data embedded in it (steganography) which the game can read to perfectly recreate those designs when read from the clipboard.

I think that is a fantastic solution which could work for Factorio.

Also, macOS and (I assume) Windows (don't know about Linux) have multiple clipboards for different types of data, and when you paste into an application, the context determines which clipboard is read from.

So it would be ideal if Factorio could copy both a blueprint string into the text clipboard AND a blueprint image (with the embedded blueprint data) to the image clipboard.

So when you click "export blueprint", instead of giving you a bp string, it would automatically copy both pieces of data, and you could then paste into almost ANY place to share a blueprint.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

That would be a cool little feature.

It's in the same bucket as controlling the gamer lights on keyboards, but still would be cool :)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

datarza wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:09 pm
It looks like this feature almost implemented in game. In blueprint editor the image is already drawing. I want `a button` for save this image as a file.
The keyboard has the Pr Sc button with this feature already!
SupplyDepoo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:03 pm
A cool little game I played recently (Compressure) has a neat way of letting you share puzzle solutions: you can click a button and it copies an image to your clipboard which you can paste into Discord and other places. The image also has data embedded in it (steganography) which the game can read to perfectly recreate those designs when read from the clipboard.

I think that is a fantastic solution which could work for Factorio.

Also, macOS and (I assume) Windows (don't know about Linux) have multiple clipboards for different types of data, and when you paste into an application, the context determines which clipboard is read from.

So it would be ideal if Factorio could copy both a blueprint string into the text clipboard AND a blueprint image (with the embedded blueprint data) to the image clipboard.

So when you click "export blueprint", instead of giving you a bp string, it would automatically copy both pieces of data, and you could then paste into almost ANY place to share a blueprint.
Could be made into a mod. Blueprint string was a mod, now it's a feature. Make it a mod and then if it's popular it might become a feature ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”