Favourite server / Last played servers / Recent server list / Custom list of servers

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Favourite server / Last played servers / Recent server list / Custom list of servers

Post by Redstylt »

joined together from several threads, take care for the headings when reading

Is it possible to make few servers on its favourite list ?
Any favourites list ?
Last edited by ssilk on Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed title
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Favourite server

Post by Redstylt »

any up :'( ?
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Favourite server

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968 Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer, Lobby-Features, Joining, Game-Loading, ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

btroyer2011
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

View Recently joined servers

Post by btroyer2011 »

I thought i would suggest a place players can go in "browse public servers" and view the recent servers you have join and whether the server is still online or not and stuff like that....
I like to jump into random servers and help but when i want to log back into the server later and i forget the name, its hard to find it again..

Thoughts?

btroyer2011
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: View Recently joined servers

Post by btroyer2011 »

or the ability to favorite a server

Mifczu
Inserter
Inserter

Add list of favorites servers and last played servers

Post by Mifczu »

Hi, it be nice to add list of favorites servers and last played servers. Will be greate if once entered the server password has been saved :idea:

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Add list of favorites servers and last played servers

Post by redlabel »

Yes. I thought about this too and I think I suggested it on my thread about Multiplayer..

It would be nice to have a little box next to the server to add to favourites and also see if the server is online or not on the favorites list.

It would also be nice that the game ordered servers by number of players by default.

An option could be to "Show server name on top of the window" to know what server you are playing. Also maybe allow custom colors and characters on server names to make them more easy to differentiate..
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Add list of favorites servers and last played servers

Post by ssilk »

Added to the list of similar suggestions in viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968 Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...

skelgaard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Recent played servers

Post by skelgaard »

In multiplayer, it can sometimes be hard to find back to the servers you played last time, so a recent played servers area in the list or column to filter by would be a great addition to the game and make ppl go back to the servers where you already where a part of before.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Recent played servers

Post by ssilk »

I point to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32968 Collection of Of Ideas around Multiplayer: Lobby-Features, Joining, Mod&Game-Loading, ...

skelgaard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by skelgaard »

i must have searched bad, cause i didn't find the other post in there that gives the same idea... but i see i'm not alone about my suggestion then :)

Zonk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Show last 5 Server played in Multiplayer.

Post by Zonk »

TL;DR
Add a overview about the last servers i joined online.

What ?
I suggest a ading a small overview on browsig public games to show the last servers i joined.

Heres a picture of how i think it coul look like:
last games.jpg
last games.jpg (105.32 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
Somehow self explanatory. Show the name of last 3 to 5 Servers i joined. If possible it may be greatly enchancing multiplayerexpirience if it also show if the Server is actually online and on which version!

Why ?
Same story old long: Friday evening, some beers, some fun, a new game fresh from scratch starting at time played <10 minute.
After a night long play with new friends like "supper buddy i dont know" or "super pro i would like to play again with" and especially "my future factoriowife she just doesnt know it yet" the clock hits 5:30 in the morning and i hit my bed. Dreaming of the new awesome factory iam going to finnish of together with my future factoriowife on that nice server that implemented a new feature i liked much.

10 hours later its time to finaly finish that prepared outpost but wait what server did i play at last night?

Was it Redmeat? No this server was to far ahead.

Or that danish server? Yes i joined that server but i left becasue starting area was surrounded by water.

Maybe it was Pro Elite Noobs? No it wasnt that either.

Hey thats it German Kamikatze. Damm no i instantly left that server as i saw that micro ore patches.

Joining all 15 Server which could fit because of uptime and none is the right one. Is my new server offline? Did they update? May my client updatet through steam while i was making coffe? Will i ever meet "my future factoriowife she just doesnt know it yet" again?

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show last 5 Server played in Multiplayer.

Post by JohnyDL »

Entertaining xD

But seriously having a list of recent or favourite servers would be cool, I wouldn't use it so much for the server list thing cause I rarely play there but I have a number of Direct connect servers and having the IPs and passwords already entered would be cool.... I'm thinking like Minecraft can do this in their MP server lists, your saved servers appear and they also self organise into most recently connected, I also think it's practically endless not limited to 5. Maybe a check box "Show My Servers first" thing rather than simply alpha numeric or age.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: View Recently joined servers

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

"Recent servers" list for multiplayer

Post by Honktown »

It can be awkward finding a game one recently played if it's not one of the big soft-mod / scenario / clan-style servers. A side box with recent server names, and if possible, recorded address would be sufficient: record the last 5 or so connections, and then click one, and it tries to connect and show the information in the right-side panel (description, currently playing, etc).

Edit: thank you for the merge, sorry I didn't see the other thread first.
Last edited by Honktown on Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Yes please, I've needed this so many times. Factorio games are rarely finished on the same day. Anytime you join a random multiplayer server and play for a few hours, you're very likely to want to come back the following day. But by that time you've completely forgotten the server name, and you cannot filter the list by host/player names, so there's no way to find it again unless you do an elaborate manual search.

edorin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

List of favourite non-public/direct connect servers

Post by edorin »

TL;DR
When 1 direct connect, non-public, non-LAN server isn't enough!
What ?
A list of (favourite) servers you've connected directly to, preferrably with stored passwords. Custom server list.
Why ?
So I've got a hosted server of my own that I've set up for MY friends. But if other friends/communities have their own servers, quite possible non-public and non-LAN servers, I'm left with 2 possibilities: Either query the IP/pass every time I'm swapping, OR keep a notepad/textfile of IPs and passwords, which is indeed possible, but gosh is it tedious.
Last edited by ssilk on Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed “suggestion” from topic

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Favourite server / Last played servers / Recent server list / Custom list of servers

Post by ssilk »

Merged some similar enough threads together

Edit:
Hmpf. Seems I made a mistake and have overseen, that there are some parts of this are already implemented. I apologize and will fix this, but not now and as I’m not playing multiplayer since loooong I don’t know yet what of these is already implemented and what not. Can someone point me to the right update message, I couldn’t find it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”