'Request from buffer chests' option on Spidertron resets after game restart

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
1WheelDude
Inserter
Inserter

'Request from buffer chests' option on Spidertron resets after game restart

Post by 1WheelDude »

Been using spidertrons to build artillery outposts and I use them to offload their content into a buffer chest. Keeping the 'Request from buffer chests' off prevents the neverending loop of logi requests back to the spidertron, but allows the local artillery outpost bots to pull from it to supply requester chests.

Each time I restart the game, this option is reset for all spidertrons in the game. So before I send my spidertrons out for resupply, I have to toggle this option one by one.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 'Request from buffer chests' option on Spidertron resets after game restart

Post by Xorimuth »

I was helping 1WheelDude with this problem. We didn't manage to get any exact repro steps, but it seems to happen when loading a game after enabling/disabling mods. But not every mod. I'm very sure that it isn't a mod causing it directly. Presumably some part of the "Request from buffer chests" implementation was incomplete/broken - it is a new-ish option for spidertrons, and I found another instance of it not being fully implemented here: 104046
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

Can you share more details about this issue (logs, save files, reproduction steps)? My guess is that the mod triggering it changes SpiderVehicle prototype but I don't have enough information to confirm this theory.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Genhis »

Klonan helped me to find the root cause: the value was reset when any prototype data changed. It is fixed for the next release.

1WheelDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 1WheelDude »

Wow you guys are awesome, can't believe yall put fixes in for something so recently reported! Good job

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”