Document construction bots priority

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

caiotoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Document construction bots priority

Post by caiotoon »

I was trying to find out the priority order construction bots will choose chests to pick from. On the wiki, it indicates the priority order for logistic bots, which seems to be different from construction bots.

From simple tests I made it seems like construction bots will always prefer the chests closest to the placement of the material iteself diregarding the chest type (buffer, storage, passive or active providers).
  1. Is the observed behaviour correct? If so, can we have it documented on the wiki page?
  2. Is the behavior of bot-to-ghost selection deterministic? Can it be documented?
  3. Is it possible to update the wiki ourselves? I can't seem to create an account... :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Document construction bots priority

Post by Loewchen »

1. viewtopic.php?p=569235#p569235
  2. everything game state related is deterministic
  3. what is the problem with creating an account?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Document construction bots priority

Post by Bilka »

caiotoon wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:12 am
From simple tests I made it seems like construction bots will always prefer the chests closest to the placement of the material iteself diregarding the chest type (buffer, storage, passive or active providers).
  1. Is the observed behaviour correct? If so, can we have it documented on the wiki page?
Yep, verified with the link provided by Loewchen and in-game by myself. Wiki page updated. Thank you for pointing it out and thank you Loewchen for the link!
2. Is the behavior of bot-to-ghost selection deterministic? Can it be documented?
I've put it on my todo list to investigate how it works. If someone knows a forum post or something else that describes how it works, feel free to add it to the wiki!
3. Is it possible to update the wiki ourselves? I can't seem to create an account... :)
It is possible! You can request an account here, confirm your email address and it will be created. If you have some kind of technical issue with the request form please let me know.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Wiki Talk”