[1.1.72] Extremely slow map download speed

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mavor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.72] Extremely slow map download speed

Post by mavor »

I have a dedicated server running on VM with 10Gbps speed link between server and client.
When I connect to the server the maximum download speed of the map is 9MB/s only, which is 110 times slower than the link speed.
For the external clients the download speed is the same, the external link is 2Gbps.

Why factorio doesn't utilise the full link speed and how this can be fixed?

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.72] Extremely slow map download speed

Post by Hornwitser »

You have provided far too little detail to make any useful deductions about what's going on.

Does downloading other files from the server go slowly or is it just Factorio that is slow?
If you downgrade the link to 1Gbps does it still run slow?
What is your network setup exactly?
What OS do you use?
Have you configured a max upload limit on the server?

FalcorTrueblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.72] Extremely slow map download speed

Post by FalcorTrueblade »

He isn't provided much information but to generally summarize I am having similar issues. Once we started using larger portions of the map it takes 3x longer for players to join the server. It seems to have a download/upload cap that is becoming too slow as our files got bigger. Most of my players have fiber and still can't get anything over 4-10/Mbps when downloading the map.

Return to “Technical Help”