Factorio for Nintendo Switch is now available!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: switch and patch versions

Post by Twinsen »

fonzdude wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:50 pm
Will the switch version always have delayed patch updates in relation to the pc's update?

is this Due to Nintendo needing to authorize content?

pc is 1.1.70-1 and switch is 1.1.69-2.

not being able to connect my pc and switch due to version miss match is really annoying.
Yes the delay is due to Nintendo having to authorize the patch. In other games the patches are delayed to the slowest platform but I don't want to slow down PC patches.
We will probably try to sync up the stable version, by marking a PC version as stable at the same time as the patch is ready on Nintendo Switch. This should avoid issues most of the time, but sometimes they will be inevitable.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio for Nintendo Switch is now available!

Post by Twinsen »

supernet2 wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:20 pm
How do i use KB/M on the switch version of factorio? I see the cross hair moving when i use bluetooth mouse, and 2.4/5ghz mouse and hardwired. But with keyboard, bluetooth and hardwired/dongled, it wont work. Is there a special setting i should be setting to enable it?
There is limited support for mouse and keyboard now. You can for example map extra actions to a wireless keyboard for more shortcuts. Mouse doesn't really work.
I plan to later add a "keyboard and mouse mode" which will allow you to play exactly like on PC, but it will take some time to implement.

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Im happy to hear it will be coming thats the biggest deal to me.

For whatever reason, i can't find the switch address in the lobby when authenticated and with a active nintendo subscription. When i use the static IP i assigned to my switch locally, and my gateway ip when connecting externally, i can connect (from pc to switch that is, i haven't tried the otherway around on switch i do see lobbies, but on pc i don't see the lobby of the switch). Not sure what would cause it given my switch is on its own dedicated wifi ssid given issues with other games requiring dedicated connections.

edorin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by edorin »

posila wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:31 pm
Absolute-Phoenix wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:15 pm
When are you pushing the 1.1.70 update to the switch so that we can actually use the cross platform capabilities without having to tech non computer literate people how to downgrade there version of factorion on pc.
We were trying to have matching stable version on PC on Switch release date, but I goofed really bad yesterday and marked 1.1.70 as stable πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

BEWARE! Blueprint library and achivement progress (and save files) are not backward compatible. Downgrading the game will cause loss of blueprint library and achievemnt progress for achievemnts, that are earned across multiple saves!

On Steam, there is beta branch (you can configure it in Factorio properties in Steam library) called "console". It will always match the latest console release, as they take much longer then our PC releases, so the versions probably won't be qble to keep up.
Any ETA on when 1.1.70 will be released as stable-stable (and to the Switch?)

If no ETA, then what are your plans to sync up the versions?

Elfedeschamps
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elfedeschamps »

Hello, first post here and not to complain but i want to make remark on the switch layout because im all for improvment ^^.
English is not native, so sorry for the approximation here and there.

The game run perfectly, and i love to play in everywhere.
But i think some little thing here and there could be improved easely (or not, i dont know).

I already play 9 hours on the game and some input still get frustrating, here some of them :

- When in the menu (every menu), only the left stick (L) can move, the arrow button do nothing at all. In a menu, it's more easy to use them because they are more precise. Seems like a nitpicking but after 9 hours, every time i open the pause menu, i still try to use the damn button instead of the left stick.

- In mouse mode (push (R)) you can only move with the right stick (R). It seems logical, but the interaction button (build, fill, erase, ect) are on the right side.. so, if you have two right thumb, it's ok i guess, you can keep pushing that A button, and with your other mutant thumb, move the "mouse cursor".
I find myself using my left hand to hold the button while moving around with the right thumb, not very practical.
The solution could be to authorise movement from both stick i think.

- In inventory, the direction arrow button do nothing, but it would be more precise to navigate with them, the left stick is very imprecise in this situation.

- In inventory, its really a chore to have to go all the way to the crafting side to build something, and then go all the way to the stuff you craft to use it. I think a shortcut to pass from inventory to craft would be a good way to minimize that.

Thank for reading !
Overall pretty good stuff here, after thousand hour on modded PC Factorio, feels fresh again to play vanilla on the go !

Velox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Velox »

Elfedeschamps wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:58 am
- In mouse mode (push (R)) you can only move with the right stick (R). It seems logical, but the interaction button (build, fill, erase, ect) are on the right side.. so, if you have two right thumb, it's ok i guess, you can keep pushing that A button, and with your other mutant thumb, move the "mouse cursor".
I find myself using my left hand to hold the button while moving around with the right thumb, not very practical.
The solution could be to authorise movement from both stick i think.

Some great ideas there. Love the dual mouse stick idea.

Any plan to put the achievements in? Would love to do them all again on Switch.

Ignore, found them! I'm playing through the tutorial and just stumbled on the achievements under the shortcut panel thing :P

PowerOnly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Purchased game for PC, does this include the Nin Switch

Post by PowerOnly »

I have an account through both steam and the Factorio website. Is there a means of installing on Nintendo Switch without having to purchase the game again?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Purchased game for PC, does this include the Nin Switch

Post by posila »

PowerOnly wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:21 am
I have an account through both steam and the Factorio website. Is there a means of installing on Nintendo Switch without having to purchase the game again?
Unfortunatelly, PC purchase doesn't give you access to Nintendo Switch version.

Return to β€œNews”