We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by enterisys »

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/15 ... 4562072579

New Guinness world record for turret tossing - 8 seconds in the air!

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

From the creators of 3 day Kyiv to please we require safety guarantees of black sea fleet.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

You heard about battle mosquito now we introduce battle owls.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I'm sorry, but I can't get the thought out of my head of the owl accidentally pulling the pin as it flies away, leaving the grenade behind.... :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:13 pm
I'm sorry, but I can't get the thought out of my head of the owl accidentally pulling the pin as it flies away, leaving the grenade behind.... :lol:
that is funny. i can't help but look at it and realise how stupid this whole conflict is, and the wildlife that suffer the adverse effects for no reason other than human greed and contempt for our environment

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Yup even the foxes have had enough of this that they arm themselves with AK47.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

That's cute, sad, and distressing to me all at the same time. :shock:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

@orkbotz

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

Kherson was was just a strategic feint. Sometimes I amaze even myself with my genius.
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

99% in "referendum" BWAHAHAHA

lovewyrm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lovewyrm »

I cannot endorse Wube any longer and regret the massive support thread on Steam I created when Wube was under attack by that 'cancel mob'.

The notion of supporting a foreigner (Ashkenazi Jew) comedian, who killed the entire Ukrainian parliament "In minecraft" (so to speak), as a president of a Slavic people, but who rides on the meme that other Slavs are somehow invaders is simply too evil for me.

And of course with such a guy at the helm, the actual war and war coverage is a complete toilet and I have seen so much degenerate shit about it.
Drone drops on people who were shittin on the ground, calling it dance grenades when they were spasming in pain, all sorts of nasty shit.

No prestige, and what's worse, in peacetime it's always "Borders are a social construct! Open borders for everyone! What even is Russian/Ukrainian/Slavic/Germanic/Anything else 'nationalistic'" etc

Yeah...nah.
We can't be friends anymore, Wube. There's people out there who are just as interesting and engaging but without evil tainting like this.

And if you think I'm full of shit.
The casualties of the Holocaust from WW2 was chalked up to be about six million Jews.
Not Germans, Poles or Russians or wherever they were from.

Yet, a few years prior to that, they were German, Polish and Russian enough to vote, and do other administrative things to these countries.
And the native casualties of those regions were all chalked up as German, Polish and Russian, they didn't change in any way after death. The act of dying did not change their belonging.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

lovewyrm wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 am
I cannot endorse Wube any longer and regret the massive support thread on Steam I created when Wube was under attack by that 'cancel mob'.

The notion of supporting a foreigner (Ashkenazi Jew) comedian, who killed the entire Ukrainian parliament "In minecraft" (so to speak), as a president of a Slavic people, but who rides on the meme that other Slavs are somehow invaders is simply too evil for me.

And of course with such a guy at the helm, the actual war and war coverage is a complete toilet and I have seen so much degenerate shit about it.
Drone drops on people who were shittin on the ground, calling it dance grenades when they were spasming in pain, all sorts of nasty shit.

No prestige, and what's worse, in peacetime it's always "Borders are a social construct! Open borders for everyone! What even is Russian/Ukrainian/Slavic/Germanic/Anything else 'nationalistic'" etc

Yeah...nah.
We can't be friends anymore, Wube. There's people out there who are just as interesting and engaging but without evil tainting like this.

The casualties of the Holocaust from WW2 was chalked up to be about six million Jews.

Yet, a few years prior to that, they were German, Polish and Russian enough to vote, and do other administrative things to these countries.
And the native casualties of those regions were all chalked up as German, Polish and Russian, they didn't change in any way after death. The act of dying did not change their belonging.
Last I checked, it was Russia that was coming in and killing civilians in Ukraine, claiming they were all Nazis, and is still doing so with their long range bombardments as they retreat, trying to undermine the will and support for the war from the citizens. :roll:

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

lovewyrm wrote:

Yeah...nah.

It's not wube, it's the clownposters in this thread supporting the current thing, don't feed them.
I think it was a mistake permitting this thread, since now it is always on top of the forum and all it contains is dehumanisation in one direction or the other.
This thread definately alienates me from this forum, I find it hard to believe that this is the same place and the same people I shared the board with for all those years.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

lovewyrm wrote:
Oh yeah ? you want to cancel yourself now ?
lovewyrm wrote:
But Jews lived in Ukraine long before any russian speaking empire tried to attach the land to theirs. Who do you call a foreigner ? The guy who was elected by 77% of the population of Ukraine ? Waow such evil.

I wonder what the Chechen think about being ruled by foreigners, how evil do you consider the war putin launched in Chechnya ?
lovewyrm wrote:

The idea of launching the war is degenerate shit, it's the second time that putin does it against Ukraine, the first was in 2014 following the attempt at annexing Crimea. You are right saying border are social construct, those are nothing else than convention between human. The war in Ukraine is an attempt by one country's armed force to enlarge their territory and change the internationnaly recognized border using war weapons killing and and bombing as a mean. The worse kind of nationalistic behavior straight from the 20th century is what we're seeing in the current russian leadership.

If you didn't understand the reasonning of people claiming "border are social construct" and "the war is shit" is similar maybe it's better now. Those people would tell you border are dividing people under some local tyran while in case you didn't know humankind is one, that kind of vision get exacerbated when one witness a bloodthirsty frustrated old man sending tens of thousands of young people to kill each others in the sole purpose of moving a border. If you look past the social construct and try to see the humans you'd realize the tragedy i think. The less important you regard the idea of border the less you understand the death of tens of thousands far away from their home and their loved one.
lovewyrm wrote:
Yeah...nah.
So supporting the innocent victim of a war makes you evil ? and you don't want to be friend with people supporting the Ukranian Red Cross ? because to me it seem that this is what Wube is doing when you read the original post and the link with the Ukraine's flag.

I certainly wouldn't want to be friend with someone activelly supporting a war. But i would wait to hear what they have to say before calling them evil. To understand how other human can be mislead to fall for hate, to try to avoid it myself.

lovewyrm wrote:
I was not gonna say, but if you insist on showing the worse from you it makes it more difficult to imagine you're not.

The casulaties of "Holocaust" are the people that were killed because they were jewish, it is the reason their aggressor used for justification of the mass murder.

The casualties of WWII are much higher, and include the whole world, like the atomic bomb in japan too and the many non-europeans that were used as second rank soldier to protect the social construct ( borders) of europeans empire.

The people persecuted by the nazis were not only the jews, but also the disabled people, the gay, the freemason, the communist, the pacifist, those were killed for that they were defined no longer as human but as those category deemed unworthy of existing by their agressor... Sounds familiar ?

Apart from that the casualties of the Holocaust has nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine.
lovewyrm wrote:
If dying doesn't change the person you were before you die, which is what you seem to say, then what kind of sense there is to die trying to invade Ukraine ? Do you think the invasion atempt would make all Ukrainian disappear ? It would transform them into Russians ? If you are not the kind of person who say nationality is just a piece of paper and border are social construct then you must realize that attempting to forcefully change the border is not going to change who the people are, what they think they are, their nationality. right ? giving people russian passport in occupied territory is not a social construct ? it's an act of magic that changes people far more than dying for a cause they choose themselves ? I'm not following your reasonning here.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:24 am

Who do you call a foreigner ? The guy who was elected by 77% of the population of Ukraine ? Waow such evil.
2019 Ukrainian presidential election
Nominee Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Popular vote first round : 5,714,034
Popular vote second round : 13,541,528
The current population of Ukraine is 43,115,302 as of Saturday, November 12, 2022
Sad, that they stopped teaching mathematics in Ukraine, after that Ukrainians write all sorts of nonsense.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:04 pm
mmmPI wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:24 am

Who do you call a foreigner ? The guy who was elected by 77% of the population of Ukraine ? Waow such evil.
2019 Ukrainian presidential election
Nominee Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Popular vote first round : 5,714,034
Popular vote second round : 13,541,528
The current population of Ukraine is 43,115,302 as of Saturday, November 12, 2022
Sad, that they stopped teaching mathematics in Ukraine, after that Ukrainians write all sorts of nonsense.
It's not because you don't understand that it has no sense. You just wanted to say that not all the population vote but in an insulting way ?

In the population of 43M people you count the kids under 18 YO that are not allowed to vote, and also the people who didn't register on the voting list either by choice or due to living in an territory occupied by a foreign invader.

There was then only 34 544 993 people registered as having the possibility to to legally vote.

Out of which only 18 893 864 turned out to vote for the first election , and 18 491 84 for the second round of the election.

Out of which 5 714 034 voted for Zelensky in the first round as you said. Which was the highest score. And 18 491 840 voted for him in the secound round of the election which was also the highest score.

Obviously you know math well and you see right away that the difference in the % correspond to the vote from the occupied territory no ?

Or it didn't occur to you that maybe in Ukraine voting is not mandadory ? like in Belgium people have to pay a fine if they don't vote, it's mandadory, not in Ukraine, people are free to vote , but they don't have to. And it's forbidden to vote when you are not 18 years old.

You didn't understood 77% of the population because you prefer " 77% of the people who voted voted for him "? it sounds a bit ridiculous that's why it's a common shortcut to say " he won the election with 77%" = " 77% of the people voted for him"

Now that this point is more clear, feel free to continue your argument.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

I will help you write correctly, don't thank.
5 714 034 Ukrainian out of 34 544 993 voted for Zelensky.
Another 18 893 864 - 5 714 034= 13 179 830 voted against Poroshenko.
So-so result. Putin is much more popular. :lol:
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:47 pm
I will help you write correctly, don't thank.
5 714 034 Ukrainian out of 34 544 993 voted for Zelensky.
Another 18 893 864 - 5 714 034= 13 179 830 voted against Poroshenko.
So-so result. Putin is much more popular. :lol:
Here, let me help you write correctly:
There were 39 candidates for the election on the ballot. [...] As no candidate received an absolute majority of the vote, a second round was held between the top two candidates, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, [...] and the incumbent president, Petro Poroshenko, on 21 April 2019.
In the first round, Zelenskyy earned 30% of the votes compared to Poroshenko's 16%.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Ukra ... l_election
There's even a table within that article that gives the full breakdown of how many people voted for each canidate. In the first round, over 5.7 million voted for Zelensky, while only over 3.0 million voted for Poroshenko. The remaining votes were all split and divided between the remaining 37 canidates.

As no one canidate had the majority, they went into a second round of voting between only the top 2 canidates. This is where Zelensky then picked up a majority of the votes that had previously went to other canidates and won with over 13.5 million votes to Poroshenko's 4.5+ million.

:roll:

vladimir_putin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vladimir_putin »

I condemn Norways missiles attack against a Polish farm today.
Former model and currently table-connoisseur. I here for intelligent discussion with fellow lovers of the factory computer game.

Return to “News”