[1.1.70] Render layer / draw order is different for filter icons in different kinds of fluid box

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.70] Render layer / draw order is different for filter icons in different kinds of fluid box

Post by Deadlock989 »

The top row of 1x1 assembling machines in the pic below have a crafting fluid box. The alt-mode fluid box filter icon (set by the recipe) is drawn on top of the alt-mode recipe icon.

The bottom row of 1x1 assembling machines have an energy source fluid box. The alt-mode fluid box filter icon (steam, set by the filter) is drawn below the alt-mode recipe icon.

For consistency I feel like these two different kinds of fluid box filter icon should be drawn on the same layer / with the same draw order relative to the recipe icon. My preference would be for below.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (308.88 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.70] Render layer / draw order is different for filter icons in different kinds of fluid box

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It looks like all 3 icons are drawn in the same render layer just fluid energy gets drawn first, then the recipe icon, then the fluidbox contents. I can't say for sure why the order is what it is so I don't want to change it for 1.1. but I've changed it for 2.0 so the fluid energy goes first, then fluidboxes on the machine and then the recipe icon. We'll see if it causes issues or not.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”