[Twinsen][1.1.70][switch] Cannot close tutorial popup after button reassignment

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
todd_alpaca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Twinsen][1.1.70][switch] Cannot close tutorial popup after button reassignment

Post by todd_alpaca »

What did you do?
Purchased the game, made some modifications swapping <A> and <B> button controls in the controls menu and started the tutorial.
Window popped up about the hints and said to hit the <B> button to close this window and continue the game.
What happened?
Nothing happened. Window stays open can not be closed. The tutorial can not be continued and the only option is to force close the game.
What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected the window to close when I hit the <B> button as stated by the copy.
Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Steps to Reproduce:
* Start Factorio
* Choose Settings , then Controls
* Under the Crafting category - bind Craft 1 to the <B> key
* Click Confirm, then Back
* Click Single Player -> New Game -> Play
When window pops up to say "This window will occasionally pause the game and give you some hints. You can continue the game by pressing <B>"
pressing the <B> key will not close the window.
Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Every time

* Edited the title from version 1.1.69 to 1.1.70.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.70][switch] Cannot close tutorial popup after button reassignment

Post by Twinsen »

Thanks for the detailed report, it's currently lower priority so it will be investigated later.

For swapping A and B I recommend using the Nintendo Switch controller settings, since "click" actions are hardcoded to A.

todd_alpaca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.70][switch] Cannot close tutorial popup after button reassignment

Post by todd_alpaca »

Thank you for the update!

Since you offer the ability to completely customize the controls but that's not stable, I'd like to toss in a recommendation to add some copy to the top of the control settings page to use the default layout for the best experience. It took me awhile to suss out which commands were the problem and could save other users lots of time that try to customize their control layout. Seems like that could potentially have a low level of effort for dev but high value to the user.

On a side note, I'm playing `Factorio-on-the-go` on a Steam Deck now and thoroughly enjoying the experience with the "zirbs" community controller layout. The <A> button on a steam deck is in the correct place for my brain :)

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.70][switch] Cannot close tutorial popup after button reassignment

Post by Twinsen »

Thanks for the detailed report. This will be fixed in the next Nintendo Switch release.

todd_alpaca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by todd_alpaca »

Thank you Twinsen for the update! Cheers to all the team for the great work.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”