[1.1.71] Hangs at startup

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Aniwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.71] Hangs at startup

Post by Aniwolf »

After the in-game update to 1.1.71 and restart the game hangs with the word mod the progress bar at 0% and 'Loading mods...'. Progress bar does not move if I wait a minute.

Switching to the linux console with alt-tab, the only thing I can do is ctrl-c twice.

I've tried renaming the mods/ directory to hide-mods/. and it still hangs in the same place.
I've tried the following options:
./factorio --audio-driver default
./factorio --audio-driver sdl
./factorio --audio-driver allegro

./factorio --disable-audio

--
Jules
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.71] Hangs at startup

Post by jodokus31 »

Code: Select all

0.201 [Audio] Backend:SDL(default); Driver:alsa, Device:Default device, Depth:16, Channels:2, Frequency:44100
Not sure if its a problem, but I have "pulseaudio" at that position

Backend:SDL(default); Driver:pulseaudio,...

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

Did it behave differently with the different audio drivers you tried or with disabled audio?

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:08 pm

0.201 [Audio] Backend:SDL(default); Driver:alsa, Device:Default device, Depth:16, Channels:2, Frequency:44100
Not sure if its a problem, but I have "pulseaudio" at that position

Backend:SDL(default); Driver:pulseaudio,...
Using the ALSA driver is not a problem necessarily. The PulseAudio is preferred though. The ALSA would be used either if PulseAudio initialization failed for some reason or if there is a environment variable SDL_AUDIODRIVER set to ALSA.

Aniwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aniwolf »

Is there a way to verify if the update patching worked correctly?

The symptom of hanging at Loading mods... 0% is the same for any of the options that I've tried. I've pasted the final entries in the log for each option before my manual input of ctrl-c twice.

./factorio
./factorio --audio-driver default
./factorio --audio-driver sdl

0.201 Graphics options: [Graphics quality: high] [Video memory usage: all] [DXT: high-quality] [Color: 32bit]
   0.201                   [Max threads (load/render): 32/8] [Max texture size: 0] [Tex.Stream.: 0] [Rotation quality: normal] [Other: STDCWT] [B:0,C:0,S:100]
   0.215 [Audio] Backend:SDL(default); Driver:alsa, Device:Default device, Depth:16, Channels:2, Frequency:44100
./factorio --audio-driver allegro

0.201 Graphics options: [Graphics quality: high] [Video memory usage: all] [DXT: high-quality] [Color: 32bit]
   0.201                   [Max threads (load/render): 32/8] [Max texture size: 0] [Tex.Stream.: 0] [Rotation quality: normal] [Other: STDCWT] [B:0,C:0,S:100]
   0.207 PA_CONTEXT_FAILED

0.210 [Audio] Backend:allegro; Depth:16, Channels:2, Frequency:44100; MixerQuality:linear
./factorio --disable-audio

0.206 Graphics options: [Graphics quality: high] [Video memory usage: all] [DXT: high-quality] [Color: 32bit]
   0.206                   [Max threads (load/render): 32/8] [Max texture size: 0] [Tex.Stream.: 0] [Rotation quality: normal] [Other: STDCWT] [B:0,C:0,S:100]
   0.206 Audio is disabled

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Aniwolf wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:16 pm
Is there a way to verify if the update patching worked correctly?
If you're using Steam, then you can have Steam verify the integrity of the files.

You can also (Steam and non-Steam) completely uninstall and reinstall. Mind that I think some data (the area where the save files and mods are kept) is not deleted on an uninstall, so you may have to do that manually.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Aniwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aniwolf »

No installer, I downloaded the Linux version from the main site many years ago.
On the wiki, my installation is cutely referred to as an Independent Install.
I have .tar.xz downloads for 0.16.36 and 0.17.23, so I am guessing that according to the timestamp 31 March 2019 was the last time that I needed to do an "install".

I've also found a .lock file in my factorio/ directory that has the same timestamp as the update file from 1.1.70 to 1.1.71.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

You could just download the latest full .tar.xz file, extract and check, if it works
https://factorio.com/download

And direct link:
https://factorio.com/get-download/1.1.71/alpha/linux64

EDIT: IIRC the .lock file says, that factorio is running and locked to be started twice. Maybe try to delete it (or move somewhere else)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”