[1.1.69][switch] Buildings don't make sounds

Things that has been reported already before.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.69][switch] Buildings don't make sounds

Post by JasonC »

Buildings on the switch version don't seem to make any sound.

I'm actually not sure if this is a bug or not.

If it's a bug: Now you know.

If they're not supposed to make sounds: Welp, carry on, don't mind me.

Steps:
1. Place a building (e.g. a burner mining drill)
2. Stand next to it
3. Turn up the volume
4. Listen

Expected: The gentle sound of stuff getting done.

Actual: Crickets
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.69][switch] Buildings don't make sounds

Post by Donion »

Does it happen every time? There is a known issue where on the first run of the game there's no sound effects.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Donion wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:54 am
Does it happen every time? There is a known issue where on the first run of the game there's no sound effects.
I will check later today, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first run. By "first run" do you mean first run of application without suspending it (by going to the switch home screen but not closing the sw), first run of application including if you've suspended it, or first run of a new map?
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

By first run I mean starting the application for the first time and fully closing it, suspending wouldn't be enough.
Is the music playing, same as in this report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103957 ?

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

-removed-
Last edited by JasonC on Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Donion wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:32 pm
By first run I mean starting the application for the first time and fully closing it, suspending wouldn't be enough.
Is the music playing, same as in this report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103957 ?
Yes, the music was playing.

However, I can confirm the mining sound was not playing, because when I made this feature request, I assumed that the mining sound wasn't supposed to play and was just replaced with a vibration. So yeah, neither mining sound nor building sounds were playing, but music was playing.

It's possible I only suspended the app rather than closing it.

So this is probably the same as that other report, then, except I'll verify for you when I get home from work if the sound is working again after I completely exit the app and restart.

If you're confident it's the same feel free to merge the threads or whatever you need to do to stay organized.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

It looks like it might be the same issue, but I'll wait for your confirmation before merging the topics. It could be something else.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Donion wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:57 pm
It looks like it might be the same issue, but I'll wait for your confirmation before merging the topics. It could be something else.
Ok; after application restart, the mining sound and building sounds are present again, both in the saved game that prompted my report, as well as in a new game. The music is working as well.

Grabbed the switch before I even took my shoes off, haha. I keep it on a shelf by the front door because I'm a savage.

Return to “Duplicates”